Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about changing my gearing to either 22/40 or 23/40. Anyone done any compaisons or testing with this setup?

·
Registered
141 Posts
What are you trying to accomplish with the gear changes. Top end, 660' drags etc. Need to have an idea of what your goal is before you start swapping

speedmerchant

·
Registered
772 Posts
read my post about the me and the Renegade 800 doo'si think its called "F7 Looses Bad...im going back to stock first..then ill try the 23/40..i have changed nothing to my clutching just gear chance..22/40 seemed to pull fine but no mid-top end maybe the limiter beind sucked up a little made it worse??? who knows..but i was shocked with the results...

·
Registered
986 Posts
23/40 gears are good for a 160- 180 lb rider for all around riding for 200+ riders 22/40 is better for all around riding not in all cases ,depends what u are trying to do BFC U will lose worse if u run 23/40 gears

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am using the DP kit w/ 23-40 gears and weigh 230# had to take a half gram off weights and still thought it was slower out of the corners (backshift) but it was diffently faster in mid and about 2 to 3 mph faster on top. yesterday put in a green secondary spring to speed backshift up and it really helped goes to 7920 right now and holds. For my type of riding I'm real close. I have F7 SP w/ 1 3/8 track studded and was always getting beat by buddy's f7 SP w/ 1" track studded,stock clutching, he's 185# and now we're a horse apiece , he use to slap me pretty bad all the way thru... so I think the taller gears work.l

·
Registered
772 Posts
i was trying to beat a stupid renegade byoff! a renegade with stock gears and another with mxz and chain stock gears...i just wanted to beat the stupid thing in 1500 feet..which i thought was more then dooable..after in got the holeshot they were gone...i had a hard time beating the stock one ..came down to hole shot..after 80-90 mph i should start walkin...but wasnt

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm 205lbs. I have sno pro suspension with standard track. I'm currently running Outdoor shop clutch kit, Sno Pro Intake, V-Force Reeds, 23-40 gears. Mines a crotch rocket from the holeshot all the way to 115 mph. Not many sleds have beat me. I can smoke stock F7's and stock 800's. Usually big triples or modified Vipers, modified Zr900's beat me, but I can usually catch back up to them on top end. I must just have the right combination. :lol:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm just looking for a better all around gearing. The stock gears are to low but kicks butt on the 23/40's with a sw clutch kit. 24/39's are to tall flatten out about 90mph. Did run 101 in a 1000' with the 24/39 setup and straight line performance clutch kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts