Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if you do, good, bad, no different...Any slipping , slower...etc. faster???

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
its the first belt I put on mine at 100 miles it blew just thought it was bad luck and the next one started losing cogs at 125 miles later put the stock ac belt on and 225 miles still looks like new so I don't know I have always used the ultimax in the past but I would not buy it for the firecat again. maybe it's just my luck?

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After hearing that..I will have to try one...Just so if they don't work I can warn you guys, NOT to get one. I will put it one on next time I go up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i've always run the ultimax 2 belts. i properly break in each belt how they say to and in the past 3 years, i've won 5 200-250 mile races. i've had two or three bad belts in those three years, but the belts are long lasting and the life is a lot longer then the regular cat belt.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I feel that Dayco UltiMax 2 Belts are the best on the market. They seem to be a bit better in quality than any other (even Gates Xtreme)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Dayco all the way! Blew the AC belt at 200Miles!!! dealer gave me a new one, It`s my spare. my 2001 ZR 600 has 2500 on a dayco max and still is in good shape ;)

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Dan, I have one on order. I'll let you know how it works out. They are on the long side though, you have to take a couple of shims out of the secondary. Tried one on mine and it "bites" harder than a stocker, but the deflection was wrong and couldn't keep going. They wear very well, I use them on my 1000cc asphalt sled with Bearcat clutches and I used 3 during the season. Could have made it with 2. Made alot of passes.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i have 600 miles on the stock belt, rippin my 265 lb ass down the trails, it must be different batches last longer, i am noticing the belt has more deflection than before, must of stretched a little!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I maybe wrong but i think dayco makes the arctic cat belts. I heard GLS is looking into the breaking problems of the 0627-020 belts on firecats &ZR 900,800.

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Have always had better luck with the stock belts. Seemed that the Dayco lengths were always off too.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Originally posted by FINFASTF7@Jan 30 2003, 05:21 AM
Dayco all the way! Blew the AC belt at 200Miles!!! dealer gave me a new one, It`s my spare. my 2001 ZR 600 has 2500 on a dayco max and still is in good shape ;)
your lucky! my dealer wouldng give me ine, mine blew at around 400 miles

·
Registered
25 Posts
have used ultimax 2's on my last two sleds. found that as the horse power went up or clutching was more agressive they would wear out quite quickly. have never blown one though. i've foung the cat belts to be the best overall. 021 is good for drag racing - softer and less slippage. 020 is a good all around belt.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts