Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they provide better traction than standard brackets?

Also, do the decrease braking preformace due to the picks sliding instead of digging?
any thoughts or imput apprechiated

Thanks, John

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
i ran them last year in the double form. braking is comprimised a tiny bit, not enough to worry about. acceleration is a little better, again not a huge difference but noticeable.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, kinda what I figured. I thought I would ask someone with firsthand knowledge though.

Now I just have too decided how many.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Everything n2oirc said!!! I used 192 megabites with 48 double and 96 single angled backers on my ZR900 got a lot of looks from other guys when they saw how good it hooked on ice.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HP, sounds alright. I was thinking 144 1.175 megabites with 48 double and 48 single in the 4-2-4-2 pattern for my F7

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
i ran 48 angled doubles and 48 round singles. i figured the angled singles probably wont stay strait, and the 48 strait rounds will help with braking!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by n2oiroc@Oct 5 2005, 07:02 PM
i ran 48 angled doubles and 48 round singles. i figured the angled singles probably wont stay strait, and the 48 strait rounds will help with braking!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=910991
[/quote]

Thats not a bad idea either, just for the braking purpose.

Hp, did you have any of the singles turn or move?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
What if you ran half of them turn backwards? Then acceleration would be better as well as braking.

I know, it's a little on the crazy side. Just something I through out there with out thinking about.

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Originally posted by 128JetSnake@Oct 5 2005, 07:08 PM
What if you ran half of them turn backwards? Then acceleration would be better as well as braking.

I know, it's a little on the crazy side. Just something I through out there with out thinking about.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=911007
[/quote]
they would probably all wind up bent! its like using only half the studs. :doh:

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,450 Posts
hey I am just debating this exact issue, I bought a Ripsaw and am gonna be studding it, was thinking of these backers or going with the Saber Outlaw.
Anyone seen ppl using them ? do they hook as hard as the guy trying to sell them to me says they do ?

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Originally posted by 128JetSnake@Oct 5 2005, 07:19 PM
That's why you run your normal amound for acceleration, like 144. Then run about half that backwards for braking.

I think I'm on to something here, maybe not.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=911031
[/quote]
it could work. im all for better braking. with how quickly these things can accelerate, better brakes would be nice!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Flash and Flare@Oct 5 2005, 07:20 PM
hey I am just debating this exact issue, I bought a Ripsaw and am gonna be studding it, was thinking of these backers or going with the Saber Outlaw.
Anyone seen ppl using them ? do they hook as hard as the guy trying to sell them to me says they do ?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=911034
[/quote]

Those look like more than 7degree!!
who makes them?

Also, are those studs made on the angle like that?
I just started wondering about that, if you put the stud on a angle do you have to drill the hole on a angle? or it dosent make a difference?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
^^^ It looks like the part that goes through the track is strait, and looks like the stud has a bend after it goes through the track. So the hole in the track should be strait.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes for flash and flares studs, how about for the woddys angled digger?

guess I should of specified

·
Registered
256 Posts
O.K.
The single angled backers stayed straight.
I used 1.325" with tall aluminium nuts on a 1" track.
The holes have to be offset when drilling. I did it all by hand and rubber pen.
I know some people use the template I just don't know how they offset it?
The bender style backers pictured "I think" have a tendency to bend? I have not used them though. The nuts seem to make a big difference, I think they help in the snow by pushing more of it? :dunno:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Originally posted by Flash and Flare@Oct 5 2005, 07:20 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=911034
[/quote]
Bikeman had those on his Mach Z last year and they made a HUGE difference off the line,also a few of them came loose and started turning( could have been the guy who put them in too)???but they hook up almost as good as ice picks!!

·
5,450 Posts
I Looked at those back in 02 and the Saber retailer said that hey were having issues with them turning around backward. But he says now that the issues have been addressed.
Also Saber is out of business, bought out by Accord Racing.

I can get a pretty good deal on these, just want some real world knowledge

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
how many and how long of a stud are you guys running?

·
5,450 Posts
Originally posted by destructo@Oct 5 2005, 08:36 PM
how many and how long of a stud are you guys running?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=911251
[/quote]

Either 180 running 2 double backers on each rib (skipping 6 rows) or running 170 with a 4/4/2 pattern still all double.
Prolly gonna run 1.375

Flash and Flare

1 - 20 of 32 Posts