Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 50th ready to trade in. I took off the outside temperature sensor kit. I hope it fits my 2006. Sounds like it won't fit the 600's.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,548 Posts
Originally posted by fusion900@Aug 25 2005, 09:35 AM
Got my 50th ready to trade in.  I took off the outside temperature sensor kit.  I hope it fits my 2006.  Sounds like it won't fit the 600's.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=847327
[/quote]

A SuperSonic Blue 900 Fusion came off the truck today, along with a 900 Switchback.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Fusion900,
Was the temp kit easy to install? I have a 05 900 and was thinking of putting one on. If yours doesn't work on the 06, let me know if you are willing to sell it.
How accurate was it?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is very easy to install. In the instructions it says to take off the bumber and the hood but when I took it off all i did was take out two screws to loosen up the bumber and it was easy to reach. It would take you about 15 minutes to install. It is very accurrate about 1 minute after you start riding. The engine heat must affect it when you are stopped. I will contact you if it does not work on my 06. It is one of the features I liked about my fusion.

·
Registered
484 Posts
The temp sensor on the surface looks to be a royal PITA to install, considering it just plugs into an existing socket on the wiring harness... The hood and bumper come off and the sensor is segregated from the engine compartment (heat) by the bumper assembly. Regarding accuracy, it's as good as any other temp guage I've had on any other vehicle, like my truck... The bumper is black and therefore absorbs sunlight and heat which will affect readings while stopped. Provided there's adequate real OAT feeding the temp sensor it's accurate.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
mine seems to be pretty accurate also when moving. when sittin i think it reads warmer because the heat from the radiator comes out when stopped

1 - 6 of 6 Posts