Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If I had snow.......I definitely would have tested these two kits.....but I don't have snow. This is why I am asking, "has anyone ran these two kits side by side besides byofficer?" He seems to be the only one to report on the D&D and DP comparison. Thanks. Justin.

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Justin, I have the DP clutch kit in mine and it works great. While I wasn't completley satisified at first, the switch to 22/40 gear helped along with the right conditions. I was riding in a lot of powder when I first got it. The stocker felt better, but once I hit the hard pack, look out. Felt completley different, much better. First up was a ZR 900, and he wasn't a believer until I beat him by 2 sled lengths to 85 MPH. We had to lift because of slush. He wasn't gaining on me either, like i thought he might. Took out his buddies ZR8 fuelie with ease. Raced a Rev 800, beat him and killed a stock F7. Its definitley a very good all around kit. And I'm not one for buying clutch kits. I like to do my own. But when I found out what it came with, I ordered it. The weights alone are very expensive. You would pay over 155.00 dollars for parts alone, so the 210.00 for the kit is not unreasonable. A lot of testing was involved, and the baseline came off a track dyno, thats what sold me on it. You should not be dissappointed. B)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks a lot guys. That is about what my kit feels like. I am running 23-40 gears, and I have the D&D kit. It excellerates very hard and smooth up to 1000ft, but then loses it's pull after that. I have only run against a ZR900 and a well tuned xc700. I beat the ZR to 1000 ft, but then he passed me. I did have the stock gearing in then. It may be better now with the 23-40. The xc was NO compatition, whatsoever. Thanks again. Justin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts