Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not looking to spend a pile of money, working on a project and am looking for one of those sleds. Missed out on a couple of them. Cheers

·
Registered
2012 Pro R Switchback
3,913 Posts
i think my neighbour has one, no windshield, but starts no problem. i'll check with him. he didn't ride it at all this year, not sure what the deal is

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for looking!

I should have jumped on one that a guy had posted. He had an updated skid etc put on the sled. He has taken his ad down till fall. You snooze you lose.

Anyone have any recollection as to how the LT versions of these sleds were? Differences between 96 and 97?

Cheers

·
Registered
656 Posts
i am almost tempted to pick this one up myself. Saskatoon is 8 hours from wpg but gas is cheap. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/saskatoon/97-skidoo-formula-3-lt-600cc-triple/1496227465 This one is the long track too. Plus it has the better suspension than the 96. c3 I think they called it. These are my favorite ski doo ever built. The diff in the suspension was the 96 had the dual shock setup. Probably 3-4 inches more travel with the c3 skid than the 96.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i am almost tempted to pick this one up myself. Saskatoon is 8 hours from wpg but gas is cheap. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/saskatoon/97-skidoo-formula-3-lt-600cc-triple/1496227465 This one is the long track too. Plus it has the better suspension than the 96. c3 I think they called it. These are my favorite ski doo ever built. The diff in the suspension was the 96 had the dual shock setup. Probably 3-4 inches more travel with the c3 skid than the 96.

For sure. I looked into this sled as well. I almost bought it, but stumbled across this 96. I like the looks of the 96 better (just my opinion). I will be updating the suspension on this one. Looking to change up the exhaust some. Would like individual cans if i could but not sure where to locate them as of yet. Just started tearing it down. Let me know if you get that 97 Lt. Curious to know more about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The bumper paint looks like the one from Rivers that I sent on. Good job!
Yup, I probably pulled the trigger in haste. I was sick of looking lol. After diving into this one, its require more TLC than i originally thought and was told. Oh well, thats on me. All good! I appreciate the lead!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts