Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this big year of 08 I am turning 30, I have always been into bodybuilding except for the last 5 years or so, I have gained quite a bit of wieght since then thanks to my job and bad eating habits.

So I am going to purchase a new treadmill and was wondering if any of you have one. If so what kind and model and any pros and cons.

Thanks in advanced

Mazda

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
So this big year of 08 I am turning 30, I have always been into bodybuilding except for the last 5 years or so, I have gained quite a bit of wieght since then thanks to my job and bad eating habits.

So I am going to purchase a new treadmill and was wondering if any of you have one. If so what kind and model and any pros and cons.

Thanks in advanced

Mazda[/b]

Just flip your sled over and have at er Mazda :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
2,751 Posts

Thanks in advanced

Mazda[/b]
Had a treadmill but found it hurt my knees so switched to a Nordic track top of the line eliptical, all the bells and whistles, and no i dont like it either.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
We have a full size treadmill like in the health spa's. We have the room it's a equinox.

Things to look at when purchasing.

large side rails; There great for hanging cloths
Large cup holder, more capacity for beer
large digital display; great dust collector, limits your wifes work

Now for the serious side. LOL
I walk, reaason I walk is 2 miles on the tread and I can just get off and walk away. 2 miles from home? I HAVE to walk back. LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am 36 turning 37 this year, and I have put on some weight. The wife and I bought a treadmill from Canadian Tire on Dec 30. They were on sale. I paid 1017.00 regualarly priced for 2000.00. It is a Horizon CT83. So far the wife and I have been using it almost everyday. I feel guilty now if I don't use it. 45 min a day and I take Sunday off. I am using the weight loss 1 program level 3. So far I have dropped 10lbs, and I still eat what I want and drink beer. Good luck!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just flip your sled over and have at er Mazda :beer_cheers:[/b]
That's funny Nutter, good one. I wonder if I run the wrong way if my odometer will go down. :whistle:

Had a treadmill but found it hurt my knees so switched to a Nordic track top of the line eliptical, all the bells and whistles, and no i dont like it either.[/b]
We also have a Tony Little Gazelle, my wife likes it. I found it hurts my legs and when my brother started asking me how I like riding Tony, it kind of turned me off it.

We have a full size treadmill like in the health spa's. We have the room it's a equinox.

Things to look at when purchasing.

large side rails; There great for hanging cloths
Large cup holder, more capacity for beer
large digital display; great dust collector, limits your wifes work

Now for the serious side. LOL
I walk, reaason I walk is 2 miles on the tread and I can just get off and walk away. 2 miles from home? I HAVE to walk back. LOL[/b]
I would walk, but it's to frickin cold and knowing me I would call a cab to come home. :phone:

I am 36 turning 37 this year, and I have put on some weight. The wife and I bought a treadmill from Canadian Tire on Dec 30. They were on sale. I paid 1017.00 regualarly priced for 2000.00. It is a Horizon CT83. So far the wife and I have been using it almost everyday. I feel guilty now if I don't use it. 45 min a day and I take Sunday off. I am using the weight loss 1 program level 3. So far I have dropped 10lbs, and I still eat what I want and drink beer. Good luck![/b]
We looked at that one, but a little too much coin for me right now, we are looking at the CT81? or the Bladez 5.9t which is on sale right now at CTC. Sears has a good selection, but pricy.

Maybe I'll try Nutters Idea. Yes I'll video tape it for you guys.

Mazda

·
Registered
65 Posts
We bought one from Costco last year. It is an Epic 550 which we paid $1297. It has a 3hp motor which gives you 12mph and 12 degree of climb. It also has a 7" lcd screen built in which you can hook up cable and a dvd player plus it has a plug for your mp3 player so you can have your tunes play through the speaker system. It also has a two speed fan to cool ya down. The unit as a whole has a very solid feel which many don't. Between the wife and I we use it around 10 times a week and after a year we have had no problems at all. If Costco still has this unit they will have one on display at the store. Bring a friend with ya to pick it up. This thing was a monster to get from the back of the van to the house, you will want some help. When we bought it we could not find a comparable unit for less then $2500. Hope this helps.

I see that you do not want to spend this much money so how about something like this? It is on sale until the weekend for 699.99 and now they deliver I see.

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?P...g=en-CA&s=1

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We bought one from Costco last year. It is an Epic 550 which we paid $1297. It has a 3hp motor which gives you 12mph and 12 degree of climb. It also has a 7" lcd screen built in which you can hook up cable and a dvd player plus it has a plug for your mp3 player so you can have your tunes play through the speaker system. It also has a two speed fan to cool ya down. The unit as a whole has a very solid feel which many don't. Between the wife and I we use it around 10 times a week and after a year we have had no problems at all. If Costco still has this unit they will have one on display at the store. Bring a friend with ya to pick it up. This thing was a monster to get from the back of the van to the house, you will want some help. When we bought it we could not find a comparable unit for less then $2500. Hope this helps.
I see that you do not want to spend this much money so how about something like this? It is on sale until the weekend for 699.99 and now they deliver I see.

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?P...g=en-CA&s=1[/b]
I looked at the Epic at costo yesterday, looks like a quality product, but you can expect that from costco. That other unit is pretty neat, but I have free weights and I think I want to actually get smaller in muscle catagory, I am sick of being the big guy, just want to slim down in the wieght department and tone out in the muscle department. Tired of having to buy xxl just to fit my shoulders and back, anyway I think I'll make a decision tonight and pick one up on Saturday.

Besides it will be less carpet I have to vacuum.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I have a Precor 923, it's the more expensive dust collector. Just have someone drop you off at Jane and Finch at midnight, it'll be the best cardio workout you've ever had. :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
766 Posts
We have that one from Canadian Tire that was on a few weeks ago. It was a 900.00 unit on for half. I bought it last winter and like it. Use it for around 15 minutes before hitting the weights and also condition for baseball (legs)

·
Registered
353 Posts
we bought one it,s a smooth fitness model , good reviews from our research they are a pro type model a little expensive but everyone said worth the money weve had it 2 years now and the wife hasn't wore it out yet , we had one we got her at ctc before that and when it was 2 years old it was done .. depends on the amount of use my wife uses the thing alot , not like stairmaster she had a few years ago or as i call it the sweater dryer . me i don,t like the treadmill i walk 1.5 kms every other night to wild wing for 1lb of wigs and a coke and take a cab home .... can,t exercise on a full stomach ..i might cramp up , why chance it :nudie:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I looked at the Epic at costo yesterday, looks like a quality product, but you can expect that from costco. That other unit is pretty neat, but I have free weights and I think I want to actually get smaller in muscle catagory, I am sick of being the big guy, just want to slim down in the wieght department and tone out in the muscle department. Tired of having to buy xxl just to fit my shoulders and back, anyway I think I'll make a decision tonight and pick one up on Saturday.

Besides it will be less carpet I have to vacuum.[/b]

mazda...do what I did.
bought a bicyle, was almost 300 lbs.....now 235, (6'7") and have the upper body of a fairly normal 10 year old girl...just like me..LOL.

Its easier on the body and you have a cycling club in Barrie.......way more fun when following skinny girls in spandex around the back roads.

I ride rollers in the winter, when I'm not busy putting the weight back on...........don't start if your type and highly addictive....!!

ps, don't buy cheap light duty treadmill,.......unless your a light weight.

pps, getting fitness advise from sledders......LOL......go check what sizes Royal sells out of first.

·
Registered
209 Posts
4 sale 1 treadmill, most miles on it was behind the sled, down the lake, from town (sears dont have sleds to deliver) getting the damm thing here! Like New! Shit, Get It Out Of Here!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Guys

We ended up buying the Bladez 5.9t at CTC. was $1299 on sale for $699. Used my CTC mastercard points and ended paying $472. I love CTC points.

It's not the top end model, but I think it should hold up well, I double my warranty for the parts and labour aswell by using my card.

I ride my bicycle in the summer allot, so I think I'll still do that to changes things up. Also I don't have time to follow girls on backroads, the only spare time I have to workout without the family on my ass is 3:30am, so if I can find a chick that will get up that early just for me, than I will be riding her ass rather than following it.LOL

Thanks again guys.

P.S I figure this is the only way I can get that heavy Polaris to lose weight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts