Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone has had a chance to ride any of the other new sleds this year. Being a Firecat owner I obviously think its the best 2003 sled. But I did have a chance to ride a REV 600 and an RX-1 this week. And, I must say I was impressed by both. I was surprised at how comfortable the sitting position of the REV can be. It actually feels very comfortable and has a nice ride (although a little tippy in the corners). And the RX-1 was pretty awesome. Very smooth power all the way through. And I really like the exhaust (and noise) being behind you. I am not a very experienced snowmobiler at all, but these are my thoughts. Just wondering what everyone else thought.
Shane

·
Registered
237 Posts
I got to ride a rx1. A lot of power mid to top end.
The front end felt stiff , it had some inside ski left,
an felt more tippy than my f7sp. It sounds nice
and is very smooth with eng power. I did not try it
on a rought trail. I saw a guy on a nother one and
he was going very fast on the trailes , fast than I
would go . The trailes were very very rought . We
saw the groomer 2 times we just need more snow.
this was in WNY.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've ridden the RX1, a Rev800x, and a F-7, not just for a few minutes but for quite a few miles and honestly they are all a pleasure to ride!! You can get comfortable on all of them, yet all are very different. As much as the RX1 weighs, it doesn't have a heavy feel to it unless you get stuck and have to lift the front end out. It has great power and actually doesn't handle bad. The rear is alittle stiff.. i think it is the seat... not much cushion at all. The REV is a totally different ride. Takes all the bumps you can give it. At first there was some ski lift, but after suspension adjustments, that went away. It's a mogul masher.. no doubt.
As far as compared to the F-7?? The F-7 has the softest feel in the rear! The seat and rear suspension is a good combo. It has great acceleration and decent handling. You definately have to "ride" it in the turns.. "brake, lean, accelerate...etc" but thats the way I ride anyway.
As far as an all out drag..? We've lined them up many times.. short drags. All completely stock, no studs in any of them, YET. And the outcome is different every time. 400-500' runs, hole shot has been critical. Even the RX1 is pretty close. Doesnt come out of the hole much.. but, speed wise it's there. We haven't had a chance to run them longer but the way it accelerates, I would guess that it will run by both the F7 and the Rev.
This is just my evaluation.. everyone's opinion is different.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I got a chance to try a Rev 800 today,we were in a field and there were not a lot of bumps .I have been riding MXZ'S since the F chassis SkiDoo and didnt think I would like the Rev,so I bought a 700 Firecat.The Rev was alot different than the Firecat as I felt alot higher up on it ,but after riding it around for awhile I got used to it.The Rev has a different shift than the cat,it seems less aggressive,the Cat shifts like a 4 speed. The only time the seating position on the Rev bothered was when I was braking my shins would go up against the cowl.I like my FirecatWe raced back and forth in this small field,and it could be anyones race.I only have 60 miles on my 700 and he had 350 on the Rev. I like my Firecat and am not sorry I didnt buy a Rev I just hope the Cat holds up like the Doo's ,14 new sleds and no problems .

·
Registered
720 Posts
I haven't ridden any other sled. But riding this past weekend I noticed that almost everyone I saw riding a REV, was standing. Now, I don't know if that was just because the new riding position makes it so easy to stand up, or if they just didn't like taking the bumps sitting down. From what I have read, the REV is good in the bumps, but I am just telling you what I saw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts