Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's not much snow around but i'm wondering how the new program is working in these sleds. Gotta be someone out there that has had a chance to put on a couple 2 or 3 hundred miles by now. Wondering if the mileage has improved.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Around 250 miles on the 2007 FST IQ, it has an average of around 17 miles to the gallon,more as it gets broken in and the bigger tank is a bonus, no irregular lights, no oil in foam,no gas smell, starts and is a hoot to ride, mostly ditch riding until we get snow.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Around 250 miles on the 2007 FST IQ, it has an average of around 17 miles to the gallon,more as it gets broken in and the bigger tank is a bonus, no irregular lights, no oil in foam,no gas smell, starts and is a hoot to ride, mostly ditch riding until we get snow.[/b]
'' GREAT NEWS'' :div20: How doesn it compare with your 06 FST S/B!!!

I had all my updates done last week, plus installed the SLP vent kit, both sides. Should be riding on the ''RED'' this weekend to test it out!!! :banana:

·
Registered
357 Posts
I agree with RB

This is considerably better than what we got last year with the Switchers. I too would like to know how this compares with the 2006 switcher you own....same thing or didn't you ride it????

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2006 FST that has had the updates and reflash. Last year I got around 10 mpg. Two weeks ago I was riding trails in the Snowy Mountians near Albany, Wyo. In 350 miles, the best I got was 17.6 and the worst was 13. The sled ran fine. Engine temp was around 150 on groomed trails and around 130 fiding in 10" fresh snow. I have never had a problem with oil or gas in the airbox. Last year I changed the spacer on the M-10 shock and bent the rod on my fuel sending unit. The ride is acceptable and the gauge is pretty acurate. The total mileage on the sled is around 1200 mi. I am hoping for lots of miles out of this sled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts