Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Topic pretty much says it all... Im moving to fort mcmurray on the 8th of this month and im trying to look for some riding buddies for this winter... Hopefully I'll have my Crossfire 7 efi to ride this winter... How much snow do you guys get in a year? they have there own snowmobile club called the sno-drifters so there must be a good bit...
How bout places to ride on quad or dirtbike? Motocross track??

Thanks.. looking forward to living there..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome to Fort McMurray! We do get our fair share of the white stuff around here, and the riding is quite good as well. Lots of groomed trailes and even more rough ones. As well as many rivers to open them up on, so you wont have any troubles finding a place to ride. The only down fall is th gas prices 1.23/ litre for premium, but there is also alot of money up here, as well as jobs. Good luck, and keep the post coming.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ya lots of areas to ride atv's, and there is a motorcross track here also. If we get snow like we did last year you'll have a grin on your face all winter long. Keep in touch because many people here go to the mountains for the big events there, and we're also planning a trip in Feb. to go out of town, maybe whitecourt to try some different trails out. Should be about 8-10 of us going. You'll have fun, don't worry.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Im in Scotty, and I do hope that doo of yours is! I hope we get it like last year, no need for trips anywhere other than here. We should have a good group of riders this year with all the young guys at work. We may start showing our age a little though . Damn knees!! Her is to the quick arrival of snow Scot.! Cheers.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya lots of areas to ride atv's, and there is a motorcross track here also.
Hey ya have any direction to the track or a basic idea of where the track is? (downtown, thickwood, timberlea, close to the airport?) I should be gettin a dirtbike pretty soon and im gona stud it out and maybe strap a ski to the front so it can last me a little while until I can get a sled to ride around on...
Anyone got a cheap sled like a 500+cc fan cooled or liquid cooled sled? say years 2001 and up?

·
Registered
40 Posts
ya the moto cross track is about 5 mins south of town. Don't know much about it though, may need a membership.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well woke up today and what little snow we had is gone. Scotty hope you have fun at the xmas party, let me buy the first 3 rounds for you guys. You know I'm getting old and cranky, and that I got a touch of amnesia once in a while, but I recall you kicked my ass last year, hopefully this year I can get one up on you. Man I just want to say how great you are incase the amnesia kicks in and I forget to tell you, cause I probably won't even remember this and like always will deny it and blame it on you again. Your bestest riding buddy - two toes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello Tommy just wanted to let you know we are starting to get some snow, riding isn't to far off, time to get your big book of excuses out again for the year. :banana:

·
Registered
53 Posts
im in fort mac.. we got enought snow to ride the trials and the snye if frozen ahaha those f1000's are smoking everything this year out there..

anybody got a sled for sale? rev x or f7 snowpro? something in these lines?
needs to be efi.. cant stand carbs casue im not afraid of going out in the cold :celebrating: ahaha

there is a f7 in the paper but he wont answer his phone!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
yo...

I just put a deposit on a new 07 attak.. and Yah prolly get it some time this month.

and the track here is usually no good in the winter..
but in the summer its alrite.. all dialed for dirtbikes.. but i can do mostly everything out there. and I ride a trx450r.

but when u get ur sled.. gimmie a shout... got msn or anything..
and lots of places to ride. snye. clear water all the way out to the ski hill if u snowboard.. park at the top.
snow drifters u need a pass on the trails.. but thell never stopp u. Well i havent been stopped.
but dont take my word for it.

and yah so far the sno season has been good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts