Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
never used them, but if I did, I think I would take extra care in making sure I used a good accurate torque wrench
as I think they might be more likely to be able to be over tightened being of a plastic over metal materiel on the backers
I would think they would hold up just a well too or close to metal as well, minus save a little in weight

think like a Glock pistol and how so many bashed on it being plastic and not going to last and now every gun makers has a copy of them in a like plastic framed gun line up!

I been happy with more traditional studs proven to work fine, but that's me LOL

guess new things have a place to be tried if one wanted to!

·
Registered
40,384 Posts
I've heard of guys using fast-trac stud products and have been ok, but i've stuck to gold diggers and aluminum square backers. They just work well and last forever without having track issues. I guess it depends on how long you plan keeping the sled.

·
Premium Member
4,552 Posts
I've sold hundreds of setups of the Fastrac SS studs & plastic backers at places like Haydays. Got a LOT of repeat business year after year. The internal Torx makes it pretty easy to hold the stud from turning, while tightening until the head of the stud is flush with the inside of the track. It is a good idea to use the SS nylock nuts as well, then you don't have any rust marks from sleds sitting wet on concrete floors. I always use patterns that have all double backers and they held up well on my 200hp Polaris FST cruiser, and other powerful heavy sleds.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yep, double backers is the way to go.
Yep, double backers is the way to go.
Just curious if these are good quality.
I put them on my sled last year, no complaints. Just 2 per pitch for trail safety, I installed, seem very uniform and well made. I bought studs for single ply track and mine is a double ply, only difference in studs is bigger head on single ply studs, less chance of pulling through I figured. And thy are a little less money than gold diggers. So far, I would do it again.

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,024 Posts
I have been using them since 2001, never have broke a plastic washer. Tighten to 13 ft lbs, re-tighten after a couple rides. I have studded roughly 50 sleds with these, all with XL round singes.

·
Registered
40,384 Posts
The thing i found out using gold diggers, and aluminum double backers with their nylock nuts is once you cranked them down to the shoulder...thats it. Never had to check, or retighten tham again...ever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts