Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so how did you fair after the battle was over?

She's going on a work trip here and a few kids quad showed up on the local classifieds. Been thinking about lighting that candle but curious as to how others have faired.

:rollpin:

·
Administrator
20,616 Posts
So... you saying the wife is leaving on a work trip and you are thinking about picking up a quad for the kids? If so I like to use the "it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission" approach.
If picking up a new toy for the kids ... that's probably an easier battle than picking up a new toy for himself!! :thumbsup: But I agree 100% on the asking for forgiveness vs. permission :bc:

As long as no loans are involved ... make sure it's straight cash!

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
First question is have you been hinting about purchasing a quad? When I'm thinking about purchasing big boy toys I start a year in advance so she is ready when I find a good deal or buy new. Married for 35 years.

If so use the well dear this is a very good deal you know I've been looking for awhile and this is the best price I've found, I can take the kids for rides outside instead of them sitting inside and that will give her a break from them.

If you want to get a divorce or you don't want her to talk to you just go and buy the quad without her knowing. :bc2:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
It's awful we have operate this way......But it is easier to lay the groundwork ahead of time like fun11cat said. It's always funny when you do actually buy what you've been talking about and they act like it's the first they've heard of it....

I've never been consulted beforehand on a purchase of throw pillows though.....

·
Registered
'17 ZR9000RR
1,589 Posts
It's awful we have operate this way......But it is easier to lay the groundwork ahead of time like fun11cat said. It's always funny when you do actually buy what you've been talking about and they act like it's the first they've heard of it....

I've never been consulted beforehand on a purchase of throw pillows though.....
Are you good with that? If you aren't, please surrender your man card...LOL

·
Banned
5,902 Posts
You'll be fine.

Around here it's the lone wolfs who never think of thier wife and kids who end up split up.

It's not pretty. I haven't seen one get over it yet.

I buy the kids whatever I want. My wife does too........the more they can learn early the better!

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
How about, you know actually TALKING to your wife about it?
This site is a real hoot.

I'm sorry, but on this particular post I just CANT not say this:

If more people (male and female) would simply be honest, from the get about what they want and need...do I need to spell it out?

Do you men that operate in this way like being manipulative? Do you like the reverse? Do you like essentially playing games to get what you want?

And do you really believe that is how it's supposed to work?
I know many times I get my ass kicked on here, and I say bring it on.

We reap what we sow. To the 35 years married guy who responded above, I bet you've reached that laudible milestone by doing the right thing more than the wrong thing.

If you have kids and this is the way you handle your household (manipulation, lieing) your teaching your children the same thing. Maybe think about that.

Tell wifey you want to get this or that toy, be honest. If you can't afford it and it puts you in financial jeopardy then so be it.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Funny the wife is called the war department>>>> Around our neck of the woods they are called the WARDEN>>>>>>>>Lol>>>In all honesty just talk to your wife and tell her what you are going to do and I bet it will be fine>>>> Easy for me to say>>>>>

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
First question is have you been hinting about purchasing a quad? When I'm thinking about purchasing big boy toys I start a year in advance so she is ready when I find a good deal or buy new. Married for 35 years.

If so use the well dear this is a very good deal you know I've been looking for awhile and this is the best price I've found, I can take the kids for rides outside instead of them sitting inside and that will give her a break from them.

If you want to get a divorce or you don't want her to talk to you just go and buy the quad without her knowing. :bc2:

Married 38 years, see above :tu::tu::tu:

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,277 Posts
"War Department" or "Warden" can still make life a pain AFTER said conversation has taken place.

Been there done that.

However, early preparation on a purchase, or early discussion on upcoming snowmobile trips never hurts - as the 35 and 38 year married guys have pointed out. Its a team effort at that point in life - treat it that way from the beginning.

·
Premium Member
33,214 Posts
If more people (male and female) would simply be honest, from the get about what they want and need...do I need to spell it out?

Do you men that operate in this way like being manipulative? Do you like the reverse? Do you like essentially playing games to get what you want?
well, you pretty much perfectly described most women so....:dunno:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts

We reap what we sow. To the 35 years married guy who responded above, I bet you've reached that laudible milestone by doing the right thing more than the wrong thing.

If you have kids and this is the way you handle your household (manipulation, lieing) your teaching your children the same thing. Maybe think about that.

Tell wifey you want to get this or that toy, be honest. If you can't afford it and it puts you in financial jeopardy then so be it.
Take about 20% off there bud. I think this was WAAAAYYYY more light hearted than how you are taking it. Reminds me of a joke. I spent 2500 on my wife to get a boob job. Spent 3000 smackers on my wife so she could get a nose job. Spent 10000 bucks on a kitchen remodel to keep my wife happy. I go out and spend 100 dollars on a fucking blow job for myself and my wife freaks out and wants a divorce..... :roflmao:

·
Registered
3,410 Posts

A song was written about your idea.....here is the:

Lyrics
I think it's so cute and I think it's so sweet
How you let your friends encourage you to try and talk to me
But let me stop you there, oh, before you speak
Nah to the ah to the, no, no, no
My name is no
My sign is no
My number is no
You need to let it go
You need to let it go
Need to let it go
My name is no
My sign is no
My number is no
You need to let it go
You need to let it go
Need to let it go

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
A song was written about your idea.....here is the:

Lyrics
I think it's so cute and I think it's so sweet
How you let your friends encourage you to try and talk to me
But let me stop you there, oh, before you speak
My name is no
My sign is no
My number is no
You need to let it go
You need to let it go
Need to let it go
My name is no
My sign is no
My number is no
You need to let it go
You need to let it go
Need to let it go
I'm a little confused :whistle:

Not sure what your "song" means.

Anyway, let it be known that I think if a man (or woman) works hard, does their job, either running a household or working outside the home that if a purchase isn't taking money that is needed for shelter or sustenance..that they should be allowed to have something they want or need.

Now, the blow job part..LOL if your putting all that effort and $ into her body etc she better be on her knees danm it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
My wife and two daughters did a Europe trip a few years ago. Long story short, a new Scag zero turn mower was with me soon after dropping them off at airport.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts