Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has added electric start to an EFI sled (ZR/Firecat, etc...) and how hard it is to do. Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
i have elect start on my zl 600 and i think its useless unless you have some physical problem that makes it harder than normal to pull it over i think its a waste im not sure what went into installing it since i had someone do it for me but i think especially on efi its really not worth the money hope some one can better answer your question

·
Registered
681 Posts
My 900 has it, flex drive, different front engine mount, add gear to clutch, add the electric start wiring, key switch, mount battery. Should be the cats meow on a cold winter morning.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
efi is almost guarenteed to start second pull even on the coldest mornings -20F it still started second pull the battery died in my zl so i never bothered recharging it just doesnt seem worth it i guess now for the 660 if the battery dies im screwed

·
Registered
444 Posts
Going to put the kit on my wifes new ZR900EFI this weekend. Brought the
sled home today. She cant pull it over and bitches about having to wait
for me to start her old sled.. ZL600EFISS...I pulled the T-CAT and I pull
my ZR900EFI...

·
Registered
247 Posts
i have a frind that has it on his zl 800 and at -20 he will SNAP a flex drive every time , he has to pull it on the cold days , till he gets it warm !!!!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Electric start is cool, but if you do it, see if you can put on the remote start kit. This is the best part of the electric start - you don't need to be outside to warm up the motor.

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,328 Posts
Arctic Cat BEFI (battery electronic fuel injection) means you don't need E start, if you can't start the sled by pulling it you seriously have to consider if your strong enough to ride the machine, and I am not being a smart ass with that comment by any means.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I doesn't have anything to do with wether or not you are strong enough to pull it over and being able to ride the sled. The bateryless efi still has to have a good rip to get the pump energized, i just think of the electric start as a back up. I would rather pull start it, just because I never had the starter before, i know my 800 tripple at 30 below was no easy thing to start, I heard these 900's are a bear to turn over also, so I guess i will have to find that out for myself, but I know if my wife wants to take the sled then i won't have to be there all the time to start it for her, she can't pull it over at 70 degrees, so the starter is the ticket, and yes she can still handle the sled on grass standing it on the rear bumper. :banana:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts