Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last year i had to go to 68 grams on my ods ck due to the d&d y pipe and bmp stealth pipe. well i removed the mbrp can i was running last year and put the stock one back on. now its pulling to just over 8000 rpms again. so to get it down i need to go with more weight and 70's are the next step. so i guess i just wanted to see if any of you guys have run into this issue or if you think something else is up.

·
Registered
708 Posts
last year i had to go to 68 grams on my ods ck due to the d&d y pipe and bmp stealth pipe. well i removed the mbrp can i was running last year and put the stock one back on. now its pulling to just over 8000 rpms again. so to get it down i need to go with more weight and 70's are the next step. so i guess i just wanted to see if any of you guys have run into this issue or if you think something else is up.[/b]
I am running 72 gram weights in my 03 f-7 on the grass bone stock except a race box. I can tell you that last year I dynoed my zr900 with a speedworx pipe and a mbrp can and changed just the can back to stock and it made 3 horsepower more with the stock can that was on 3 pulls stock and 3 with mbrp. hope this helps
Dave

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have 78 grams in my own clutch kit unsure of springs or helix off the top of my head since i change them a lot and i pull 7700 rpms

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
i have 78 grams in my own clutch kit unsure of springs or helix off the top of my head since i change them a lot and i pull 7700 rpms[/b]
An 03F7? I think you mean 68s don't ya?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
why not just play with the secondary spring instead?[/b]
because i was told from a few members that the clutch performs the best in the middle hole and would be better to change weights.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Why not go with the supertip weights or the supertip clutch kit from BMP. Though it is fine to run the secondary in the forth hole.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts