Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys , I got to say i am not to happy with my M-10 suspension. I really dont see what the big deal is about these. It is no better than any other suspension i have ever had. I have it set up for my weight and ridding style and have changed it several times.

What do you guys think about yours ?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
As far as a smooth riding touring sled its great, I don't think there is a better touring suspension. What are you having trouble with?
How many miles are on the sled?

·
Premium Member
‘21 Indy 600 SP 137 & 2015 RMK 155 LE
25,384 Posts
I have ridden my father's '05 Classic and found the M-10 to ride unbelieveably comfortable. It is not a racing or high speed mougal masher
but it isn't intended to be niether. He has not one complaint about it and I find him cruising down the trails and hardly even being bounced
around while I'm getting the shit pounded out of me, sometimes. :dunno:

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I could see an aggressive rider not liking it but I think it is night and day better than anything else I have ever ridden and I have two edges with that I have setup the way my wife and I like them with different springs and shock valving which I think ride pretty good I have ridden revs and firecats and an apex mtn and I think if the m10 does not make them look pathetic I am at a loss. Maybee the shocks are blown. It should bottom once in a while if not its to stiff or maybee you set it to your weight and the previous owner swapped the springs out for hevier ones?

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I absoultely love mine. But I am not a racer type at all, I like to get out there and take pictures, do some touring... I weigh 270 lbs geared up and it's a thing of beauty on the trails. I will get another sled with the same skid for sure.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I absoultely love mine. But I am not a racer type at all, I like to get out there and take pictures, do some touring... I weigh 270 lbs geared up and it's a thing of beauty on the trails. I will get another sled with the same skid for sure.[/b]
I have to agree with most here. I do not have it, but my father does.

For my riding (fast, aggressive) it is not quite right. For the couple times where I have just pimped along the trails in it, it soaks up the bumps like they are not even there. It seems to be a very comfortable touring suspension, my back thanks me in the morning after a few hours on that thing instead of my own.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have around 2500 miles on it and the shocks were just rebuilt . I am also not an aggressive rider due to my back problems,The problem i see with it is , it is bouncy when i hit small moguls , seems like it rebounds to quickly I always have to get my but off the seat when i see agood size bump coming up.

It is not bottoming out in th back at all just sometimes in the front. I have tried to stiffen it up and it became very harsh so i set it back to a softer setting, I dont know, i am just not happy with it.

I am about 175- 180 with full gear , Have the sag set around 4" and the FRA at 2,

Help me out guys !!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am about 175- 180 with full gear , Have the sag set around 4" and the FRA at 2,

Help me out guys !![/b]

I think the sag is more like 5" , I will go out and check it later.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Did you adjust the cross-over / overload setting correctly? I am wondering if you are contacting the center overload spring too early, resulting in the choppiness that you are feeling.

I have around 2500 miles on it and the shocks were just rebuilt . I am also not an aggressive rider due to my back problems,The problem i see with it is , it is bouncy when i hit small moguls , seems like it rebounds to quickly I always have to get my but off the seat when i see agood size bump coming up.

It is not bottoming out in th back at all just sometimes in the front. I have tried to stiffen it up and it became very harsh so i set it back to a softer setting, I dont know, i am just not happy with it.

Help me out guys !![/b]

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have to agree the M-10 I have doesn't bounce at all. Who did the shock?[/b]
A local shop did it for the guy that i bought it from, Should i remove it and have it redone ?

If i stand on the back bar of the sled and jump off, it will rebound quickly , shouldnt it go slowly ?

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I would highly recommend you read and follow this set up procedure from Snowtech first. The proper set up of an M10 is VERY important. The proper setting for the overload spring is important as is the length of the front limiter strap and preload on the front spring. It would be time well spent to follow this article step by step with a beer in the garage. Once you know you have the proper baseline set up you can start dialing it in or looking for a problem.

I had an Edge with edge rear and now have a ProX. My Father has a Classic with M10. Whenever I hop on it it rides smooth as BUTTER. "Bouncy" and M10 do not go together.

http://www.snowtechmagazine.com/articles/2002/m10/m10.php

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
A local shop did it for the guy that i bought it from, Should i remove it and have it redone ?

If i stand on the back bar of the sled and jump off, it will rebound quickly , shouldnt it go slowly ?[/b]
Nope the spring is what pushes the sled back up and the shock controls the spring you can't really tell anything from what you are doing. Double check your setting against the set-up instructions including checking the cross over and preload on the rear shock. If you are still springy check to see if you can feel any sticky shock oil around both shocks I know my wifes M-10 needed a new shaft when I bought the sled and I rebuilt the shocks before we rode it. It rides like a pillow.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well i just went out and checked everything, I adjusted the FRA from 2 to 1 1/2 ( I havent rode it yet to test it ) and checked the sag is 4 1/4 after the adjustment, Does this sound ok ?

·
Registered
241 Posts
getting the m-10 dialed in isnt as easy as some other suspensions but once they are, for anyone who doesnt need to ditch bang all day they are great. Is a matter of fact a good friend of mine has an identical 01 600 classic to yours and after gettting it dialed in he has no reason to look back. M-10s work, just take your time. Also, find out from who ever did the shock rebuild what oil they used and see how skilled they are at rebuilds. It may even be a bad job on their end causing the problems with rebound speed.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Is it the Polaris M-10 or the Fast M-10? Polaris removed a few adjustments to make it easier to set up. Fast (the manufacturer) is harder to set up but, by far a better suspension when properly set up. I put one in my 93 XLT, and took 12 years off it. I should have put it on my 02 Edge, but too late my wife won't let me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts