Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone has checked out there boots to see if they were melted on the bottom. I looked at mine and they melted quite a bit my wifes as well. We actually had to take a knife and cut the big chunks of rubber off my wifes boots. It really sucks to buy new Arctic cat boots and have the bottoms be melted and uneven but I guess its a small price to pay to have one of the fastest and best sleds. :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
Are you serious!? Mine keep the left side clear of snow and the rightside clear part of the time but there never that hot. To melt rubbber I would think the temperature must be over 200 degrees f. Is your cooling system circulating correctly? :unsure:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Mine haven't melted. that i know off :rolleyes:. I did notice that the heat exchangers do melt all the ice off.
Just out of curiostiy, how warm was the temp outside?

Mine probably wouldn't melt because im always moving around my feet. If you left the boots on the ouside rail for .5 hours and didsn't move your feet at all i could understand.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I THINK THE GAS FUMES ARE GETTING TO YOU THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY THE HEAT EXCHANGERS RUNNING DOWN THE RAIL COULD MELT BOOTS. I THINK YOUR ARE PUTTING YOUR BOOTS TO CLOSE TO THE FIRE PLACE WHEN YOU TRY TO DRY THEM OUT

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am serious the outside avg. temp while riding has been around 20 degrees or so and my boots as well as my wifes both have the outsides melted and there are lines in them from the rails and believe me my feet are never in one spot to long with the trail conditions the way they are up in loon lake on sundays.

·
Registered
720 Posts
If you heat exchangers are that hot, I think you better worry about melting a piston and not your boots.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
It is IMPOSSIBLE TO MELT YOUR RUBBER BOTTOM BOOTS ON THE HEAT EXCHANGERS. :lol: :lol: :lol: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :blink: :blink: :blink:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the sled runs great and it is not overheating. I have not had any problems with the sled and i have around 700 miles on it. I am going to bring it to my dealer today to get all the upgrades done if" there not to busy" if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i will post some pictures asap and you can see the back of my wifes boots there is a little less rubber than there should be and mine have lines melted into them from the outside rails.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
You didn't by chance buy the boots at Wal-Mart did ya ? I know they sell AC boots,I looked at them,the rubber looked like it was made out of recycled garbage bags! :blink:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Check to make sure your running AntiFreeze, not Lighter Fluid in your Coolant System.

B) B) B) B)

·
Registered
696 Posts
Originally posted by redF5sp@Jan 14 2003, 08:51 AM
You didn't by chance buy the boots at Wal-Mart did ya ? I know they sell AC boots,I looked at them,the rubber looked like it was made out of recycled garbage bags! :blink:
You couldn't melt a GARBAGE BAG on the heat exchangers either. Jared...if you are being truthful, your cooling system is completely fucked up. <_<

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am thinking that this is how most of the RUMORS about the firecat get circulating, my first ride on my F7 i was nervous as hell....... all for not though, no problems, just praise...

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
quit dancing on the camp fire at night! i can touck my rails with mt bair hands after a 3 mile blast down the trail, hot but not enough to hurt my bair hands

·
Registered
34 Posts
You must have stepped on some gas. I spilled gas in the back of my truck, and while stepping around the sled got enough on the bottom of the boots to cause the heat exchanger to leave a pattern on the boot and rubber on the fins and sled. Think about it!!!!

·
Registered
962 Posts
I agree with the Canadian he makes the most sense, gas breaks down lots of rubbers.

But if your telling the truth and both of you are having the problem you should get your sleds checked our and / or STAY AWAY FROM OPEN FLAMES. With that much gas to step in it could be dangerous

·
Registered
125 Posts
I really dont think the sled would still be running if the heat exchangers got that hot... the pistons would have seized...

·
Registered
298 Posts
hold on! i have the arctic cat boot and they are melting on the outside edge where they contact the heat exchangers. i don't think melting is the right word more like the rubber heats up and softens allowing the grooves in the exchanger to rip the bottoms. this happend to me on a hard pack trail when my overheat light was flashing. i have since added the cross country grip plates with no more problems. do you think arctic cat will warrenty my boots?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts