Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone's had a chance to dyno their F7 yet? If so, what was the the HP, but more importantly, what was the peak HP RPM? I've read of a peak HP at 7600 from a D&D dyno pull, and I've seen the earlier American Snowmobiler dyno pull with peak HP at 8000 RPM on the "final-stage preproduction motor." I'm also familiar with GLS's response on where to run for peak RPM, as I was the one that asked that question in the first place! I was just curious as to whether or not anyone here has had THEIR sled on a dyno yet, and at what RPM THEIR sled made peak HP.

Remember, if you're thinking about having yours put on the dyno, make DAMN sure the motor, coolant, and pipe are up to full operating temperature for the most accurate and usable real world numbers. If I were to have mine done -- and I DO plan on it sometime soon -- I would even go so far as to take the sled for a quick little warm-up ride of say, five or ten minutes, before I'd put her on the dyno. Just something to keep in mind! -- Roy

·
Registered
395 Posts
I received a dyno printout from Goodwin showing track HP with and without their clutch kit. The stock F7 reached 70hp between 60-70mph, then dropped off to 60 at 90mph. They don't show rpm on this sheet. With their clutch kit gains of about 5hp. Biggest gains between 20-30mph. If I knew how to attach this , I would. :huh:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts