Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Weare and was wondering if anybody is crossing any lakes yet. I am not sure if they are safe yet.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
dont take my word for it but i checked places over by timerland on first conn lake this weekend and there was 8 inches a few hundred feet from shore. needless to say we crossed the lake all weekend. but of course always check for yourself first!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Crossed Lake Winni several times up the top of the lake in moultonboro from Suissevale to Balmoral and what not. Seems safe.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
dont take my word for it but i checked places over by timerland on first conn lake this weekend and there was 8 inches a few hundred feet from shore. needless to say we crossed the lake all weekend. but of course always check for yourself first![/b]

good post. ill be heading up thurs in AM and was wondering.

Thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
Crossed Winnepauket and Knight's Meadow Marsh in Webster on Sunday. Watch out for water hole on Salisbury/Blackwater side of Knight's meadow. They've been crossing Pemi river in Franklin also. Go like hell!!!

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Have seen people riding on Potanipo in Brookline, I started to cross one in Rindge following other sleds but when it started to get sketchy I gave up and turned around.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
I saw a guy out on the Pontook Reservior with his pick-up truck while ice fishing the other day. This is 10-15 miles south of Errol on Route 16. On my way back they were having a bon-fire out on the ice. I guess it's pretty thick over there!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Crossed Lake Winni several times up the top of the lake in moultonboro from Suissevale to Balmoral and what not. Seems safe.[/b]

its safe but this sunday night scott n i blew in between the islands an there was about 75 feet of water, almost all the way across....two weeks ago it was completely frozen. last saturday night i was the first through greenes basin, it wasnt too bad. i woulndt go past ambrose cove on the north side of the lake ppl.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I live in Weare and was wondering if anybody is crossing any lakes yet. I am not sure if they are safe yet.[/b]
We all crossed Drew Lake and Stumpfield about 1 1/2 weeks ago, it was slushy as hell, I think there was a foot of slush on top of 8" of ice. It was safe, sorta, but if you stopped you would get stuck for sure. I imagine it is no better right now.

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Anyone who thinks the lakes are safe is totally whacked! I watch First Connecticut every day and it is not safe everywhere by any means. I also hate to see the tracks of someone crossing it a 80 followed by a family of four doing 15 or 20 not aware of anything but tracks. Be careful, this incredible depth of early snow has slowed the process of thickening things up and some people are already finding that out! :white_flag: :cussing:

http://www.slednh.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=912

pathfinder58 :buttrock:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I saw someone ride a loop around Paugus Bay on Lake Winnipesaukee Sunday night. It was bare ice and some of it looked like open water earlier that day. I wouldn't go out there.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
9 inches of ice on suncook lake in barnstead[/b]
Upper or lower???where abouts on the lake did you check??I got 7/9 inches on lower lake saturday before the storm by the islands.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Upper or lower???where abouts on the lake did you check??I got 7/9 inches on lower lake saturday before the storm by the islands.[/b]
this was on the lower lake near the center island 2 weekends ago. me and some friends were riding the all over the upper and lower. you just gotta be carefull around the channel to drive from lower to upper because the ice was pretty slushy around there. 2 weekends ago me and some buddies stopped and had a cookout about halfway inbetween the island and ridge rd. My friends father has been riding on upper and lower to get to the trails for almost a month now.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts