Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I live in northern RI but ride mostly new hampshire. we ride on our property and a neighbors where I can pack and maintain the trails minimizing damage to the sleds. we did ride once here a few years ago. paid the registration fees which seemed high for the limited areas to ride and got stopped 2 times by fish cops in a 3 mile loop. by riding foot and a half snow without knowing the area, we hit all sorts of stuff. no one got hurt but wiped out $400 worth of parts in a short time. that was the last time riding state parks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in my mid 30's ridding on a private lake. yes ridding in areas with limited snow does suck! however with the right equipment and smaller narrower sleds ive been going strong for 3 yrs now. I guss knowing the area does help ive wanted to ride in arcadia but never registered here yet. yes I know its rocky ! not word for word but my understanding of RI general laws looks like 3 inches or more snow with a registered vehicle you can ride anywere all state parks and beaches!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Arcadia is not bad when there is enough
snow and you know where to go (Stepping Stone Falls & Mt Tom) there are trail maps available for the park trails.
George Washington State Park is not as good but if you find your way to the power lines which lead into Ct there is some good riding to be had,not like northern NE but good for a Sat or Sun
ride when you can't go north.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you guys are interested ill make a hardcoresledder ride day. .obviously weather dependent when it snows we go! location central cycle club it's a motor cross track. Pm me if your interested I would need your name and contact info to get you a waiver and then you'd have to send it back to me. No Regis needed the louder the better! :buttrock:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I used register in the state and ride in George Washington Park as it is pretty close to my house. We got to know the trails pretty good along with the power lines. This was pretty fun when we were newer to the sport but as we have started riding on better trails I have stopped riding local. If the weather gets cold enough we will mess around on Pascoag Reservoir but last year was the first year in a while that there was enough ice.

I now typically head up to Maine. I hope to get up there this weekend if the weather holds up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I lived 28 years in lincoln with lincoln woods state park in my backyard. We did lots of riding there on the sleds, 3 wheelers and studded dirt bikes during the good winters. You could have fun for a afternoon on trails and back then they didnt plow the roads so it was a nice race track. I have not been there in 15 years but i don't think much has changed....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts