Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
not alot of gain on top end, but throttle response is way better with boyesen dual stage reeds. i recommend them over the way overpriced vforce....

and I had mine in for 5 years now and no rpoblems.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I have the boyessen reed pedals in my 04 f6 efi and i just love them. They do make it have alot better throttle response. It doesn't make it start hard or anything like the v force does. It seems to run more crisp aswell. I have tried v force 2 and 3's in the past and i didn't like them much. I think the sleds ran rich on top end. And they were jetted properly. When its time to replace reeds in anything i always use the boyessen reed pedals. I know they work good.

·
Registered
45,578 Posts
I have the boyesen replacement power reeds installed in my 05 600...oem ones were getting tired.....i like them...bit crisper throttle response otherwise can't say there is any other difference. Buddy of ous has experimented with every reed out there...not much to gain on a stock sled.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I put CarbonTech petals into the updated '03 AC cages a couple years back. No negative issues after ~2000 miles but can't really comment on performance gains since I added reed spacers and a 900 y-pipe at the same time. The sled woke up but I can't say for sure which component(s) should receive the credit.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Kind of off topic, but I saw a classified add in a local paper years ago for a sled or dirt bike (forget which). The add said that it had "Boys and Reeds" !!!

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I noticed with the carbon teck there is no spit back & the sled idles better ,no more high idle & having to blip the choke to get it down, it just slowy comes down where its saposed to be

1 - 11 of 11 Posts