Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if the 8" wheel kits make any difference in top end or fuel economy. Anybody have some first hand experience with them?

Thanks.

·
Registered
927 Posts
the firecats already come with a 7inch wheel stock, i dont think it would do much. but they doo look sweet.

·
Registered
320 Posts
FWIW, I added 8" idlers to an '02 mountain cat, along with 10 tooth drivers, and a 141" (from 136"). The differences in rolling resistance are huge. You can push this sled across flat ground, and the track just rolls easy...

This does not neccessarily mean a performance improvement. There were too many other variables changed to make any comparisons with how it was before. Still, less rolling friction can't be a bad thing...(unless you park on a hill...)

John

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
If there was a decrease in rolling resistance than you will notice and increase in performance

:flag_canada:

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Originally posted by bill@Sep 12 2005, 08:12 PM
If there was a decrease in rolling resistance than you will notice and increase in performance

:flag_canada:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=871669
[/quote]
Well thats kinda the way i saw it so i put em on, absolutly nothing , zero , zilch, and to top it off the dsamn thing lost both outside wheels before 300 miles!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts