Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody ride from madawaska lake yet? It's 83 from rail bed 105, it's 83 north from 105 to cross Lake is still closed, anybody find some kind of trail from little madawaska to 105 ?
It's 83 north might still be closed for 2 weeks longer, heading up to ride the 12th and wondering if we will still be able to ride from camp or trailer to somewhere to hit the trails.
Thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
Anybody ride from madawaska lake yet? It's 83 from rail bed 105, it's 83 north from 105 to cross Lake is still closed, anybody find some kind of trail from little madawaska to 105 ?
It's 83 north might still be closed for 2 weeks longer, heading up to ride the 12th and wondering if we will still be able to ride from camp or trailer to somewhere to hit the trails.
Thanks
Better off asking on Northern Maine Snowmobiling group on facebook, 10k members and all those guys in charge of those clubs will answer asap

·
Registered
900 Posts
Cmon, were still a solid 7 or 8 strong here on the HCS Maine forum! Good advice btw.

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
Thanks
Caribou rail bed is groomed out frank. ITS 92 out of the gash is groomed as well

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
My buddy from Maryland is working at St. Peters store, and he has shown us pics of the Red Arrow groomer out clearing tress from last weeks storm. I just send him a message asking if the groomer has come through on 83. I am heading up this weekend to pick up my sled in Mapleton. Unfortunately the forecast is mixed on mon and tues -rain/ice. That may help pack the base, but means 2 days of possible sitting in a motel. I will get up that way and let you know if I don't get an answer today.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Just got an answer back from my guy at St. Peter's store. He said the trail is not "officially" open, but definitely passable. Sleds have been coming through every day. Not all signs are up yet, but should be in a few more days.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Please tell your buddy at St Peter's store to save me a 2xl longsleeve cross lake snowmobile shirt. I was there last season and all he had was large and tons of smaller sizes. Thanks and see you on the trails.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Please tell your buddy at St Peter's store to save me a 2xl longsleeve cross lake snowmobile shirt. I was there last season and all he had was large and tons of smaller sizes. Thanks and see you on the trails.
I get up there Sunday, I'll try to remember that :)

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
They will start grooming December 15th here on 92. Other clubs are out prepping trails and clearing blowdowns. We will be out doing this tomorrow as well on ITS to Allagash. I will be running groomer for Allagash this year. This will give a lot of people a better outlook on trail conditions..

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Thanks for your time you put in Chef. Very cool.

Sounds like the ground intel level in this area for us just went up here by a lot !

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They will start grooming December 15th here on 92. Other clubs are out prepping trails and clearing blowdowns. We will be out doing this tomorrow as well on ITS to Allagash. I will be running groomer for Allagash this year. This will give a lot of people a better outlook on trail conditions..

did you move to maine?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts