Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has heard from their dealer on any of the bulletins or fixes that have come out from Cat. I haven't heard a thing from my dealer on any of it.

Kevin <_<

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
captain kev,
im in the same boat, the only problems my dealer knows about are from the local` guys
giving them info learned on this site

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Talked to my dealer about a week ago. He said that he had ordered the parts (steering post, recoil fix) and would call me when they arrive. Haven't heard from him since. There's no snow here so I'm not in a rush.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nothing,,, I have heard from my dealer!!!!! Go figure
So you know what I did??? I sent the manager a link to this site and suggested he register and learn what the world has to say about the Firecats. Told him his Techs might benefit from the info on theses pages. I gave him my handle as part of my note, perhaps he will even read this post.

·
Registered
18 Posts
my dealer has called me numberous times, asking me to bring my sleds back in because he's heard something new and wanted to check the sleds out to avoid any problems or set-backs. Great dealer.. Arctic Adventures ..... Rosendale, NY

·
Premium Member
25,555 Posts
My dealer, who lives about 5 hours away from me, called today to let me know about both of these recalls. He wanted to let me know I could bring up the sled at my convenience so these problems could be fixed. He even had ordered the part necessary to fix the recoil rope. Now that's what I call an awesome dealer! NESCO, Gouverneur, NY

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Yep...got the call today. He said he reveived notice over the weekend on the bleeding the coolant and said he would replace my starter cord even if the fix hasn't been delivered yet...Pretty good service from the folks at big moose

Peter

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
I haven’t heard anything from my dealer yet. I am calling him tomorrow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Droped off my sled today and the dealer (Sun & Snow Recreation, New York Mills, New York) said they were going to check the bubble in the cooling system problem, pull cord sleeve and the problem with the fuelsystem getting air locked. I have not had any real problems with my F-7 other than the first time out it stalled a couple times and the temperature light flashed a couple times on Saturday. I have 240 miles on.

·
Registered
526 Posts
My dealer showed me the letter he got from Arctic Cat on bleeding the cooling system Saturday when I picked my sled up. (I told him about the air in the cooling system 2 days before he got the letter from AC). He said they did the procedure 4 times and got quite a bit of air out of it. I also told him about the rear wheels before he new of the problem. I told him I was getting the info from this site and now his head mechanic is going to be on here. He also said the recoil fix is on backorder from AC but he will call me as soon as it arrives. I havent ridden my sled yet and I hope I dont have all the problems some of the rest of you have had. My dealer is located in Mineral Point, Wisconsin.

Bulldog

·
Registered
629 Posts
Dealer has the rope fix in for the sleds he sold, as well as the new ropes. I will take the sleds down in a couple of days to get the fixed put on. He also said that we will go through and do a quick check on everythings since there is over 100 miles on each sled. Pretty good I thought.

·
Registered
7 Posts
talked to my dealer today, 12/9 he had the update kit for the rope, asked if i needed a new rope... he said he seen the update on yhe coolant issue and said he always bleeds his new sleds out the same way, don't worry, be happy, westside sports, wadena,mn....

·
Registered
236 Posts
I called my dealer the other day to ask about revese and mentioned the coolant issues that we hav all been hearing about and his response was not to worry because that he burps the system as stated by ac. No other issues were mentioned though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
MY DEALER IS CUSTOM BENDING & FLARING ALUMINUM TUBES FOR THE ROPE FOR ALL HIS F-CAT CUSTOMERS & HAS ALWAYS BURPED COOLING SYSTEMS,''ARCTIC ADVENTURES TAKES GREAT CARE OF ALL HIS CUSTOMERS,GREAT TREATMENT AFTER THE SALE.. YOU CAN TELL THEY WANT YOUR RETURN BUSINESS..& THATS IMPORTANT!! :) JUST GIVING CREDIT WHERE ITS DUE.. :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Originally posted by jager@Dec 9 2002, 09:08 PM
MY DEALER IS CUSTOM BENDING & FLARING ALUMINUM TUBES FOR THE ROPE FOR ALL HIS F-CAT CUSTOMERS & HAS ALWAYS BURPED COOLING SYSTEMS,''ARCTIC ADVENTURES TAKES GREAT CARE OF ALL HIS CUSTOMERS,GREAT TREATMENT AFTER THE SALE.. YOU CAN TELL THEY WANT YOUR RETURN BUSINESS..& THATS IMPORTANT!! :) JUST GIVING CREDIT WHERE ITS DUE.. :)
jagar,

Have your dealer sale them, I will take two!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts