Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
yes,
there are two little rubber pieces that were on the 02 440 sno-pros that mount behind the flap, that help push it out,
i dont have a digital camera or i woul post a pic, ac dealer should have parts break down of this on micro fiche

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Cat does make a support bracket that goes behind flap.Not for Firecat but I'm sure can be retrofitted.I believe someone has posted before that he has used this bracket.Dont know part # but I have one on my prowler.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Originally posted by RTSF7CAT@Jan 6 2003, 03:46 PM
Just trim off the bottom 2in off the flap
I just rode behind a guy that did that on his polaris. If you want to bug the hell out of your friends / fellow riders you can do this. But, it kicks up so much crap (rocks, snow, dirt, etc) to everybody running behind you that soon you will have no friends to ride with.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just cut out a piece of 3/16 inch thick Lexan to form a tunnel extension. I pop riveted this on in 4 places, and effectively extended the tunnel an additional 4 inches. Then bolt your full length snow flap back on and ride. My flap got sucked in numerous times prior to this simple fix, but has never since.

·
Registered
960 Posts
cutting the flap works both ways u can always count on winning if your racing youre buddies everytime they try to pass just stuff them out and pin it an it will seem like a snowblowe r is hooked up to youre sled and it will keep the flap from being chewed up it also doesnt look as bad as all the other nylon straps and things :D :ph34r:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Originally posted by holeshot f-5@Jan 7 2003, 12:23 AM
cutting the flap works both ways u can always count on winning if your racing youre buddies everytime they try to pass just stuff them out and pin it an it will seem like a snowblowe r is hooked up to youre sled and it will keep the flap from being chewed up it also doesnt look as bad as all the other nylon straps and things :D :ph34r:
Don't cut your flaps, these sleds run warm in low snow conditions, if you get caught on a rough trail behind someone going slow you'll want to spin your track and keep that snow in the tunnel! If you put on a black strap you can't see it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
yeah but it is only 2 inches snow will get up there or have you experienced the prob yourself? :eek:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Just finished cutting mine. Yesterday, it got caught several times. Pain in the neck and now it's all chewed up! Hopefully cutting it fixes the problem.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
OK heres what i would do. Connect a one end of a Pneumatic piston to the bumber. Then connect the other end to the bottom of the flap. This would hold the flap down but limit it so it wouldnt suck under. Next mount a control switch on the handle bar so you could raise and lower it. Next time go to pass some ski-doo that's been spraying you with snow, you push the putton that causes the flap to raise and skunk spray the shit out of that skidoo. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Just get the "W" shaped bracket from cat and put it on. You will have to bend it a little but u can do it bny hand. Only take 2 bolt and u cant even see that its there.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I cut mine---it looked cool but my sled still ate it---my buddy didnt cut his--and his led ate his too...CANT WIN! I'm leaving mine chewed up til cat buys me a new one :huh: :huh:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hi guys,

This is the cleaness idea I could come up with. Using a piece of aluminum and the OEM bolt to keep it in place. Let me know what you think. I prefer the aluminum look on a $10,000CAN sled than a cheap piece of nylon strap !!!

Here's picture 1

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
I cut mine and it is the same as my wifes polaris 02 edge 600. It works both ways if you have a shorter snow flap like the one on the 02 Polaris and now mine it keeps people off your bumper you know the type that has to ride on the edge of your snow flap and biffs it just short of taking you out also. With my 02 Polaris no one rode on my bumper.

R

·
0 Posts
I have a good fix that you can not see and works great. You need to get some sheet stock fiberglass about 0.085" thick. It is call G-11 or G-10 and is made out of epoxy and woven fiberglass. You cut it 1.000-1.125" wide and 13.0" long. Drill two 1/4" holes about 0.5" from each end. Sand and round the edges. Remove the side bolt that holds the flap on, slide the fiberglass strip up under the flap, align the holes and reinstall the bolt. Match the bottom of the strap to the flap and drill a hole through the flap. Using a cable tie, attach the flap to the fiberglass strap using the bottom hole and the matching hole in the flap. Repeat the other side. If you install it right, all you will see is the cable tie, which you never notice. Of course I ate my flap befor I put my fiberglass straps in. Have had a problem after, and have rode in all conditions.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts