Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 03 1035 hooper that the pto side end shaft broke clean off. i just bought this crank from hooper and put less than 75 miles on it, talked to them and they informed that they wouldn't warrenty it. I'm shit out of luck. Boy Erich @ bikeman had much better customer service and stood behind his product. Being in business myself i would've at least offered something, i warrenty stuff all day to try and keep a customer. oh well i will continue to do business with bikeman and never again with hooper, so over a couple hundred bucks he lost a customer, enough about that, i now need a crank or at least a good pto side end. please let me know if you can help- rob cell 303-435-5325

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
or i will sell the entire sled with brand new extra cylinder for 4500.00, here's everything on the sled- case ported (by hooper) 1035 with jaws pipes, 42 carbs, digatron, water temp, brand new 240 mega bites with angle backers, big nuts, polished tunnel, the sled is up north and i'll be bringing it home sunday.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
That sucks man, My bud rick has a 02 ZR 900 crank call him, (248) 207-7551[/b]

By the way, I am the guy who bought a hood from "your buddy" at Schuss last year. I got home with it and it was not for the right sled. Rick then quit responding to E-mails and PM's when I questioned him about it.

I am a business man every day. I would not suggest doing business with his "Buddy Rick".......

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
You seemed like nice guys in the parking lot, and I know that you must have been somewhat happy with the hood when you took it, otherwise we would have brought it back home. Keep in mind that beer goggles only count when dealing with fat chicks... You are the one who was buying a hood for your sled, you should know what hood fits it. I know he does not misrepresent what he is selling. Also in april, he is at his wits end with snowmobile related stuff and hoods are a thorn in his side any way, due to the fact that they are hard to handle. Did you want to drive it back to him? What did you want, money back? Why not just sell the hood to the next guy?

As far as the crank goes, It came out of an 02 800 that had been hurt in 03. The guy that the sled was purchased from claimed that there was a 900 crank in it. No matter though, it's already gone.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'm 90% sure that the 800 and 900 twins have the same crank.

Difference is in the top end only.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm 90% sure that the 800 and 900 twins have the same crank.

Difference is in the top end only.[/b]
they are- i need another crank, really i would like to sell the whole sled i bought it for 3800.00, forget about bitching about a hood- help me pleasee(with out extra cylider)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
You seemed like nice guys in the parking lot, and I know that you must have been somewhat happy with the hood when you took it, otherwise we would have brought it back home. Keep in mind that beer goggles only count when dealing with fat chicks... You are the one who was buying a hood for your sled, you should know what hood fits it. I know he does not misrepresent what he is selling. Also in april, he is at his wits end with snowmobile related stuff and hoods are a thorn in his side any way, due to the fact that they are hard to handle. Did you want to drive it back to him? What did you want, money back? Why not just sell the hood to the next guy?

As far as the crank goes, It came out of an 02 800 that had been hurt in 03. The guy that the sled was purchased from claimed that there was a 900 crank in it. No matter though, it's already gone.[/b]
Sorry for jumping in on your thread. The Hood was in good condition as he stated. He sold me a Hood for a 2000 ZL 580 that was not for a 2000 ZL 580. I would think he would have known what hood is for what sled, as he is in that business. I simply picked it up for a buddy of mine. Rick told me he came to my area all the time in the summer to visit his Grandmother. I PM'd him and e-mailed him that if he was coming this way to let me know. He never did this. All I wanted was my buddies money back and he could have the hood back. No big deal.

He never responded once to a PM or e-mail. The reason I posted this on this topic is that I didn't want Carnellrob to get caught up in the same thing I did. It sucks to get parts that you can't use.......

·
Registered
270 Posts
I would have to spin this the other way......Rick has always sold me the parts that I needed and even on the parts I wasnt sure on he was more than willing to explain and walk me through it.......I would give anyone the go ahead when buying parts from him!!!! Hell of a nice guy!!!!!
oh and by the way lets not be a :postwhore: or :hyjack:

Hope you find a crank for your sled...have you been watching ebay?
or Mickeys in Midland....I will warn you hes not the cheapest by anymeans though!!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would have to spin this the other way......Rick has always sold me the parts that I needed and even on the parts I wasnt sure on he was more than willing to explain and walk me through it.......I would give anyone the go ahead when buying parts from him!!!! Hell of a nice guy!!!!!
oh and by the way lets not be a :postwhore: or :hyjack:

Hope you find a crank for your sled...have you been watching ebay?
or Mickeys in Midland....I will warn you hes not the cheapest by anymeans though!!!![/b]
I believe the 03 cranks had 33 mm taper , 02 are 30mm taper some thing not right if you keep snapping crank ends .I wonder if your clutch is out of balance ? Did cat have bad batch of cranks ? Mickeys 9892050551

·
Registered
37 Posts
By the way, I am the guy who bought a hood from "your buddy" at Schuss last year. I got home with it and it was not for the right sled. Rick then quit responding to E-mails and PM's when I questioned him about it.

I am a business man every day. I would not suggest doing business with his "Buddy Rick".......[/b]
Catrules2000,

I told you what hood was and what sled it was off of, I had, many many "wasted" phone conversations about your orange beak sled and after you not coming around for a few weeks, I offered to bring the hood to Schuus Mt. and along with that hooked you and your oldman up with some great buys on some used parts. You, at that point made the decision that it would fit your sled (you claimed it was a different sleds than a 2000 zl 580, or didn't know for sure), your a big boy it was for your sled, I trusted you knew what was going on... I did everything short of put the hood on for you...

I answered and returned your calls and Emails I told you I was not interested in taking the hood back. Whats the problem? I am sorry you can't figure out what hood you need for your sled (your moms that you and your buddy wrecked), I can't hold your hand and help you fix it to. Everyone I know would have figured out it was the wrong hood faster than a few months. I gave you a great price, I am sure by now you have it sold and made a few bucks on it. So stop the whiny baby crap and jacking this poor guys post.

Back on topic, I don't have a 33mm crank. In 2002 the 800's went to the 33mm crank along with the 900 (to the best of my knowledge). But don't be like the Ole' "buckeye" catrules2000 and do your homework before you make a purchase. I would hate to see you crying on HCS about it next year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts