Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
lol, My dealer just faxed me the one they got.

I told them to call their AC rep and ask them why CAT would send this letter, this year, this month at this time...but never before???? I want to hear wny it is all of a sudden an issue when D&D, BMP, Speedwerx, Black Magic, Hooper, etc, etc, etc...have been around forevrer with after market mods.

Yes, more HP means more heat which means more fuel and a higher octane to boot...but there has to be SOMETHING else that CAT knows or is trying to chase that warrants this letter this time around vs. any other season....

·
Registered
2018 Thundercat
858 Posts
I just received my letter today, I guess AC is serious about warranty claims with mods on these new models. They must know something they haven't made public yet about airflow and ypipes.

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,450 Posts
Got mine today, didn't open it up yet.

EDIT, just read it..........oh well, just like all my stuff good thing its "stock"
F&F

·
Super Advanced Member
3,369 Posts
Well, A/C fully supports the aftermarket companies but recognizes that using said products will void warrenty. Lucky two strokes are cheap to rebuild top ends. Think about what racers go through. Factories and I mean all three factories well and Yamaha this year put out race packages and then start posting updates. I still have to tear my '06 Mod down to the crank to replace three counterbalance wieghts. They expect the racers to either pay for the updates to be performed by a certified mechanic or by the racer themself. Lots of fun boys. You want to play your going to pay.

·
Registered
541 Posts
come on not again most of the sleds that went down were not modified in any way they were coolant problems most of the guys that have checked there sleds and added y pipes bulleyes Boondockers ect. havent had problems... Cat just wants to CTA its like anything else yes your at more of a risk running performance parts but any manufacture is going to say dont do that because they cant gaurantee no problems like they can if its stock! plus they could be looking for a scapgoat and right now aftermarket companies are IT

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I think this is a great letter .

It shows that Cat has alot of respect and support for it's aftermarket companies .......D&D , Hooper, and Speedwerx alike have all made there mark on the AC brand and it has shown in all forms of competition .

From what I read it clearly and politely explains you should be responsible as a rider and who is responsible in the result of failure . Nothing new .......but I'm glad somebody wrote it down .

"Why now"and "What's different" says BOSS HO ?????????I think I know the answer ....................Cat openly admits there is HP left on the table ..........clearly stated in the letter .

The engine resrictions they have had to put in place in order to meet the strict Emission and Noise regulation guildlines have made the gains in HP by aftermarket companies much higher than in years past ....

A glance at the air box and y pipe proves it .........simple bolt ons are worth way more now than ever ........case and point .....the D&D f7 y pipe is worth about 2 hp compared to the F1000's in upwards of 10 hp. The f7 air box is very close to spot on as well .

I think Cat did the right thing by letting everyone know of the huge power yet still untapped and reminding everyone of their responsibility. I don't blame them a bit . Now that this first bulletin is out of the way I am excited to see your responses to the next one ........ :beerchug:

·
Registered
2020 ThunderCat
1,371 Posts
I am not sure how it's going to help the aftermarket companies if the average guy is now to worried about his warranty so he now chooses not to buy any aftermarket parts. This could put a big dent into the aftermarket sales.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I am not sure how it's going to help the aftermarket companies if the average guy is now to worried about his warranty so he now chooses not to buy any aftermarket parts. This could put a big dent into the aftermarket sales.[/b]

Nothing has changed!!! Aftermarket products have essentially always voided warranties, regardless of industry. If we want mfg's to "help us out" in those situations where we added aftermarket and something failed......we can expect to pay way more for new mfg product than we alread do.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Now that this first bulletin is out of the way I am excited to see your responses to the next one ........ :beerchug:[/b]
Umm... what exactly are you talking about or referring to... "the next one..." the next WHAT??? Another bulletin? Good news? Bad news? WHAT??? – Roy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah my brother bought an f-1000 for himself and a f-800 for his wife. He just got the letter. But thanks to you guys on this forum i had already forewarned him. He has a 4 year extended warranty on the f-1000 so he's removing the after market y pipe that he had put on. He's pretty upset about it because his dealer (which he has bought many cats off ) called him earlier this year and told him he received them and he should think about putting one on for the substantial performance gain. We have'nt got any snow as yet so it had,nt been ridden. I also warned him about the coolant issue so he is going to burp the both of them as explained on this site.

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
:beer:[/b]
With my apologies to the late Warren Zevon.!

http://www.davemcnally.co.uk/lyrics/Warren...unsandMoney.asp
Lawyers, /Guns and Money Lyrics ...
...dedicated w/ affection to the Acrtic cat Legal dept.

Well I went home with my f1000
The way I always do
How was I to know
She was leaning out with the
Bullseyes, too?

I was gambling in My Y-pipe
I took a little risk
Send lawyers, guns and money
They'll get me out of this, hyeah

I'm the innocent 25 hp Aftermarket bystander
Somehow I got stuck with this 1000,
Between the rock
and a hard place
And I'm down on my luck
Yes I'm down on my luck
Well I'm down on my luck

I'm riding in Tug Hill
I'm a desperate man
The shit has hit the fan

All right
Huh!
Uh...
Uhh!
Hyah!
Ooh!
Yeah!
Yeah
Yeah...
Uh!

·
Banned
2021 Gade XRS 900T
16,844 Posts
You want 190-200+HP? You want to play? I went in knowing that the warranty may be void, so what. Take your time do it right and all will be good. These aftermarket guys make an ass kicking product. If she blows............. I'll go big bore.

Stay educated about the mods and we'll see ya out on the snow :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
2023 VR1 137 BST / 2022 XCR 136 850
7,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think this is a great letter .

It shows that Cat has alot of respect and support for it's aftermarket companies .......D&D , Hooper, and Speedwerx alike have all made there mark on the AC brand and it has shown in all forms of competition .

From what I read it clearly and politely explains you should be responsible as a rider and who is responsible in the result of failure . Nothing new .......but I'm glad somebody wrote it down .

"Why now"and "What's different" says BOSS HO ?????????I think I know the answer ....................Cat openly admits there is HP left on the table ..........clearly stated in the letter .

The engine resrictions they have had to put in place in order to meet the strict Emission and Noise regulation guildlines have made the gains in HP by aftermarket companies much higher than in years past ....

A glance at the air box and y pipe proves it .........simple bolt ons are worth way more now than ever ........case and point .....the D&D f7 y pipe is worth about 2 hp compared to the F1000's in upwards of 10 hp. The f7 air box is very close to spot on as well .

I think Cat did the right thing by letting everyone know of the huge power yet still untapped and reminding everyone of their responsibility. I don't blame them a bit . Now that this first bulletin is out of the way I am excited to see your responses to the next one ........ :beerchug:[/b]
Dave hit it right on the nose, no one in there right mind should thinck adding 10-15 hp, wont need too add fuel ,its a no brainer, and for those who are takeing there stuff off, why ?? there are alot of tuneing aids on the market, and with support from D&D, Speedwerx,etc these motors should live along time,
I myself am not convinced that the y-pipe/bullseyes are makeing things go wrong !!!!!

·
Registered
2020 ThunderCat
1,371 Posts
It does not matter what you think, it's what Cat just sent out and actually put it in writing. You can bet when it blows, they will want to see the Y-pipe. Also, it's pretty simple.... It either needs fuel or it does'nt. But just state it and don't leave it in the grey area or leave it open for interpretation.

·
Premium Member
38,064 Posts
You want 190-200+HP? You want to play? I went in knowing that the warranty may be void, so what. Take your time do it right and all will be good. These aftermarket guys make an ass kicking product. If she blows............. I'll go big bore.

Stay educated about the mods and we'll see ya out on the snow :beerchug:[/b]
Exactly.

If mine blows up, OH WELL!! CRAP HAPPENS!! I dont care about the engine warranty. I want the most available hp for my money. If you spend 12k on a sled (retail) whats a $100 piston? How about $200-$250 for a re-nicasiled cylinder? It's nothing, thats what it is. A drop in the bucket.

If your scared to spend money, your in the wrong sport. :cn:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.