Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any updates for the 05 Fire Cat. Belts breaking or the lack of top end.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Arctic Cats theory is that the secondary clutch sheaves are to small and changed that with bigger sheaves and a wider belt. You'll see everyone talking about the 10.4" udates for the 05 sleds. The 05 sheaves caused alot of slippage which wouldn't allow the sled to reach faster top end speeds. Since the belt was slipping inside the secondary it produced to much heat. IMO this was the cause of the belts blowing up. trust me, after replacing 2 belts in one winter on a brand new sled wasn't making me happy. Is Arctic Cat gonna issue a recall or something, I highly doubt it. But if they do, I'll have my reciet in hand demanding my refund on the one I bought.

·
Registered
513 Posts
05 std. f7, no belt issues and 102 on speedometer, will i gain anything using the clutch mod or should i just get a clutch kit from ods or d&d.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Clutch kits don't give you top end. They are designed to increase your low to mid range. Better off buying the update for your sled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts