Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Almost 3000mi on my original hyfax. The only bad spot was right behind the bend in the rail where the wheels were originally on the'12 F-series before the relocation bulletin. They were down to about 40%.

Anyway, I figured I might as well replace them while I had the skid and track out for more updates and I went with the DuPont. They were easy to trim and install but if you look close they are marked "YAMAHA", lol.

They are a bit wider than other hyfax, so track alignment needs to be perfect. Less than 1/16" on each side between the hyfax and outer "nubs".

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I would go with Hiperfax slides. They have a teflon center section that run the full lenght. We tried them on our race sleds and picked up 3mph in 660ft with no wheels on the skid. From what i under stand for trail riding they are good for 4K to 5K miles. My next sets will be Hiperfax for my trail sleds.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Just by cat regular sliders and drill them out with little holes do this for years just changed slides on mine first set lasted over 8000 miles. Ice scratchers help too. The idea is that the holes fill with ice and when they heat up ice melts lubes slides and picks up more snow which turns to ice again a soon as you hit decent snow cover. I swear it works.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts

The 2014 Cat accessory catalog shows the Dupont Vespel Hyfax being offered this year. Part number is 6639-448

X2

Put these on mine this year.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Just by cat regular sliders and drill them out with little holes do this for years just changed slides on mine first set lasted over 8000 miles. Ice scratchers help too. The idea is that the holes fill with ice and when they heat up ice melts lubes slides and picks up more snow which turns to ice again a soon as you hit decent snow cover. I swear it works.
Interesting... How often do you drill holes boom? Every few inches?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.