Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone find any markdowns or sales yet at any of the local dealers on clothes? I'd like to check out some klims - I think Hunters has them. I see Brewsters has 15% off Klim msrp but that is mail order for me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Anyone find any markdowns or sales yet at any of the local dealers on clothes? I'd like to check out some klims - I think Hunters has them. I see Brewsters has 15% off Klim msrp but that is mail order for me.[/b]

Check with Bob at A.T.E. He has Klim gear, His new shop is in Waterford, down by the Niantic River inlet. He used to be in Colchester.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Check with Bob at A.T.E. He has Klim gear, His new shop is in Waterford, down by the Niantic River inlet. He used to be in Colchester.[/b]
OMG! I wouldnt buy a screw from that damn place! I bought my sled new there and that was the worst mistake I ever made. Im glad they moved out of Colchester, now i've got a good excuse to go somewhere else. Whatta DIVE!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
OMG! I wouldnt buy a screw from that damn place! I bought my sled new there and that was the worst mistake I ever made. Im glad they moved out of Colchester, now i've got a good excuse to go somewhere else. Whatta DIVE![/b]
Heres why:

Yeah that place was a friggin nightmare! The only reason I bought from them was because they had great deals on 05 leftovers and had the sled I wanted. They had a younger woman with a Canadian accent that was the sales person. She was great! She was very knowledgeable and knew her way around sleds and the paperwork end of it all. The problem came when I brought my sled back for the 300 mile check up. I called them in mid october and they told me they werent making sled appointments until mid november. So I called them mid november and made an appointment. I bring my sled down there in a HUGE downpour rainstorm. I ask the owner if hes got indoor storage, all he says is NOPE! And he tells me hes already about 10 days behind so my sled got to sit outside for 10+ days in all that rain with no cover or anything. I had a few issues with the sled and the owner pretty much blew smoke up my butt in regards to all the problems. They finally call and tell me its all set to pick up. I get there and ask what they did to resolve the problems and the owner tells me is, it was all within spec, no problems at all. Well needless to say I had to take it home and do ALL the repairs to make it operable myself after I gave the ATE idiots $200 for doing NOTHING. Now the sled runs and funtions fine. One thing I noticed when I went there was the Canadian woman was no where in sight. Well a few months later I stopped in at Coffiels in Glastonbury and you'll never guess who was now working there? Yep thats right, the Canadian woman. I asked her what happened at ATE and she just laughed, I said " I know exactly what you mean, thats why im here."

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you may have been referring to Kathleen at ATE? If so yes she was very helpful. That place was 10 minutes from where I live before they moved back to Waterford. I did buy an ATV there and I had okay luck but other than buying some oil and parts I did not go there for service.

Anyway, they do not carry Klim anymore and just what they had left from last which wasn't much.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Yes I believe that was her name. She was very good. A good sales person can make a bad dealer look pretty good. I never got any dishonest feeling through her, she always seemed very upfront and genuine. She wouldnt have been able to help there service department out thats for sure. They needed to hire some mechanics that werent fresh out of high school. Good mechanics are hard to come by now a days and for what dealerships want to pay mechanics I can see why they're bottom of the barrel. I was a motorcylce mechanic for a couple years and thats the exact reason why I left, they dont want to pay you what you're worth so it was time to move on. I feel bad for the poor guys down in southern CT that are dealing what that dealership now. Good luck to them, they'll need it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think you may have been referring to Kathleen at ATE? If so yes she was very helpful. That place was 10 minutes from where I live before they moved back to Waterford. I did buy an ATV there and I had okay luck but other than buying some oil and parts I did not go there for service.

Anyway, they do not carry Klim anymore and just what they had left from last which wasn't much.[/b]
Yes Kat was good while she was there. Sorry for the bad info. Was down at ATE a few weeks ago and saw some Klim gear on the rack. Did not know he had limited supply.

Anyway, my brother bought a sled from him and he did not have any prob's, sorry to hear of your problems with him Gearhd6. A good mechanic / service dept can make or break you.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not a problem. I ended up going with OEM Ski-doo stuff again. I am finding 10% or more of clothes. I think I picked up some stuff last year a little later for 20% and 25% off.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Soooooo, Are there any good deals now that were within hours of February and no snow?

Specifically, andybody know if there are any good deals on Capped trailers. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts