Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Absolutely not, there is nothing to regret. The pro-cc skid is way more adjustable and capable than the abortion otherwise known as the baler. Want a sled that doesn’t constantly bottom the FTS? Get an Indy. Want a sled you can set up to wheelie? Indy. Want a sled that can also bash big bumps? Indy. Want a sled that you set and forget? Indy. Want a sled that doesn’t wreck your back when picking it up from the rear? Indy.

If you like causing hernias and rupturing discs by picking up sleds with bumpers that are way too low get a baler. If you like getting stuck in deep, heavy, sticky snow than my all means get a baler. If you like messing with your uncoupled rear skid all the time for each section of trail get a baler. If you like feel a hard jolt through your feet from the FTS bottoming all the time get a baler. If you like to become fast friends with a suspension shop and spend a ton of money always searching for that mythical perfect sweet spot between plushness and bottoming resistance get a baler. If you hate coupling and all the goodness it brings to a sled then by all means buy a baler before they drop the model.
I'm just guessing, but it seems that you're not overly fond of the baler....lol.
Thanks for feedback so far.

·
Premium Member
2019 Pros switchback
2,454 Posts
Have taken baler through some seriously deep drifts with no problems!
That’s what lever on right is for!!
If all fails throttle out!!
But yes when you do get stuck it’s a bitch!!
Some guys have a hell of a time adjusting them for some reason?
Hi low shocks really work great.
Have adjustments down and a few clicks depending on conditions is all I need!!

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
Depends what your looking for in your next sled. Both have advantages. I've had both and if I was looking for the best ride the Pro-S would be the sled of choice. If your looking for a more aggressive approach then the XC. The sleds themself offer other features. The XC has more storage options at a more cost effective price vs than storage on a Pro-S. Neither is a wrong choice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Storage on XC is certainly an advantage, but rack on ProS has been suitable.
My #1 priority is a front end that corners aggressively, and I think both deliver on that.
Like you said Doug S, neither is a wrong choice, just different.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I went from a pro s switch to an XC and have no regrets at all. BUT thats not to say the Pro S isn't a phenomenal sled. Just not what I prefer. As far as cooling goes my XC runs about 15-20° cooler than my pro s did.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts