Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Originally posted by teamgreen02@Mar 24 2003, 08:55 PM
Add a forum for boats, atvs, dirtbikes, motorcycles, etc.
No Rob,

Don't do that. There are plenty of places already for that type of stuff.
Stay focused.

I'm assuming you want to make it a year round forum for the current type of members mostly. I guess you might say 'brand/model loyal' ?

Otherwise, you might as well make a forum for synchronized swimming while you're at it! LOL

Things will slow down in the summer, but it will be a year round sight anyway. It's a great site. The topics may wander a bit in the summer though.
If you really need to add more forums, consider other model specific forums.
You have ZR/ZL/ZRT and I'm sure they appreciate that. How about the Mountain Cats, Panteras, Panthers, Bearcats, T660 etc...
These 'model loyal' riders really have no other good place to go as far as I know.
Or even if you must,.... Ski-doo models.
There is a great potential for model specific forums so you can trade useful information without too much brand/model bashing.

Let's keep boats, atvs and riding lawnmowers elsewhere.
Just my 27 cents.
2 cents isn't much these days.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I dont know about boats, thats like way off the subject. Just keep it like off road. The normal things you see on off road sites are bikes, snowmobiles, an atvs. I dont think it would hurt just an extra forum, if it grows an gets big keep it if theres not too many posts delete it.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
One thing that is hard to do with a sledding website, is having people come back during the summer. If you have just a general section for that stuff people will keep coming to this site. And without people your site will never get better. Maybe some people will come for the atv stuff and keep coming back for the sled stuff. It won't cost yourself a dime, so it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I would say just keep it to snowmobiles. I plan on checking in to see what people are saying all summer. I think about snowmobiles all summer, how about the rest of you? :)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Lets stay focussed, were all addicted to snow and snowmobiling! Keep it snowmobiling! When we come in from the garage from polishing our cats, we can chat to the boys!!!

Rob my dealer mentioned he met you, when you came to try out the F5, In Maine! I was telling him about the site and he rattled off your name! COOL!

Ordering the F6! Carb!

JAY

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
It's hard to get real pumped up about sledding in June and July. An forum for different toys would be great. What can it hurt?

·
Registered
978 Posts
i think the off topic would be a good idea, and if it gets to confusing, consolidate some more winter related forums until winter starts again, then get rid of the summer sport thats unpopular in winter, such as boating, or dirtbiking.

i would probably start with a "dirt" forum and a water or street forum....

once again, my little tiny idea's that could work

*and yes i did say that before in another thread... no copyright infringment

·
Registered
38 Posts
my suggestion is to keep it sleds only, but ALL makes and models,not all hardcoresledders ride a/c and polaris. :D

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Huo, the thing about that is then you get other brand riders over here and they start saying other people's sled are junk. And before you know it, it'll be a junk forum.

·
Registered
38 Posts
teamgreen02, unfortunatly you are probably right, that is a bit sad though because it is snowmobiling that i love, it does not matter to me what people choose to ride. maybe have strict rules for bashing?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Off road forum.......dirt bikes, atv's, motocross, enduro's, hare scrambles. (Other forms of off road throttle therapy)

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I'd REALLY like to see this site stay focused on just snowmobiles... hardcoreSLEDDER!!! During the peak of the season, this site has been painfully slow due to the huge number of registered members (and I'm on DSL!) , and I'd hate to see anything done, changed, or added that would jeopardize the bandwidth any further at this time, unless additional and/or faster hardware/software is added to cope with the added load.,

This IS by far, THE SINGLE BEST SNOWMOBILE SITE/FORUM IN THE WORLD if you ask me! Thanks to Rob, Nick and anyone else that has helped to set-up, moderate, and maintain this site, and to the thousands of avid snowmobile enthusiasts who've provided invaluable insight, feedback, knowledge, and help, in making this site what it is today!!!!! I'll tell you right now -- and I doubt if I'm alone when I say this -- this site... this Firecat site, is a rather substantial reason for me to seriously consider my next sled being a Firecat... AGAIN! -- Roy

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would like to keep it just snowmobiling but if rob wants to keep it going throughout summer than something different has to be done. I agree that we should just create two more forums one labeled "Anything on Dirt" and the other "Anything on Water" then let the forums go from there.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
A true sledhead thinks, talks and dreams about sleds year round! Stay focused!!! I will be here all summer.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts