Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. While I have the skid removed to replace hyfax. Besides checking the grease on the boogie wheel bearings and greasing the zerk fittings, do you grease these spots as well? Thinking it wouldn't hurt but wanted to check first since it doesn't look like the factory greased the bushings that attach skid to tunnel.

Also, does anyone know the torque specs on the 4 bolts that attach skid to tunnel for MY22 Matryx VR1?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Hey guys. While I have the skid removed to replace hyfax. Besides checking the grease on the boogie wheel bearings and greasing the zerk fittings, do you grease these spots as well? Thinking it wouldn't hurt but wanted to check first since it doesn't look like the factory greased the bushings that attach skid to tunnel.

Also, does anyone know the torque specs on the 4 bolts that attach skid to tunnel for MY22 Matryx VR1?
I drill all those pivot points and grease with needle grease gun.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I believe another benefit is the suspension works more consistently. I have been doing this since Polaris quit putting grease fittings on those pivot points with no ill effects. In fact I have never had to replace a single bushing. I use amsoil water resistant grease but any grease meant for use in wet environment will work. Synthetic will hold up longer as it resists water degradation better.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I drill all those pivot points and grease with needle grease gun.
Just a simple small hole? Are you able to get a decent amount of grease in there?

I used to weld nuts and install zerks on all the pivot points. I completely agree with the suspension being more consistent when everything is lubed up.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Ju
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle frame Tire Automotive exhaust
st a simple small hole? Are you able to get a decent amount of grease in there?

I used to weld nuts and install zerks on all the pivot points. I completely agree with the suspension being more consistent when everything is lubed up.
Yep just a small hole, I hit them about every ride around home and take grease gun with me on Vaca and grease them if I can.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
7,098 Posts
On the Pro-CC 128/129/136/137 rear suspension:
Front Torque Arm-to-Tunnel Mount Fasteners:
46 ft-lbs (63 N·m)

Upper Carrier Fasteners in rear:
33 ft-lbs (45 N·m)

For the IGX-146 rear suspension used on Switchback Assault and Switchback XC:

Front Torque Arm-to-Tunnel Mount Fasteners:
50 ft-lbs (68 N·m)

Upper Carrier Fasteners:
46 ft-lbs (63 N·m)

Now adjust your track tension and track alignment.

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 800 129", 2019 Indy 850 129", 2011 IQ Turbo 121"
3,076 Posts
I pull all the non-greasable pivot points in the skid apart and grease them every spring after the season is over. The plastic bushings themselves don't need grease, but the shafts they ride on are steel - those will rust.

·
Registered
526 Posts
these are designed to be lubed by water/snow. while i can't see grease hurting? it can on some plastic. remember most grease has metal in it.( shear strength)
This is not true. Grease does not have metal in it. Some grease has molybdenum (moly) in it but it's in a far different form than the moly used in steel production. Also, a moly grease would not be a good choice for a snowmobile suspension application.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
7,098 Posts
Lithium complex grease, uses Lithium hydroxide as part of the complex with an acid and 12 HSA (C18H36O3), to make the thickener, which holds the oil and the additives. This lithium hydroxide is not lithium in the elemental metallic form, it is an inorganic compound.

Some of the best water resistant automotive greases use a Calcium Sulfonate thickener.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Lithium complex grease, uses Lithium hydroxide as part of the complex with an acid and 12 HSA (C18H36O3), to make the thickener, which holds the oil and the additives. This lithium hydroxide is not lithium in the elemental metallic form, it is an inorganic compound.

Some of the best water resistant automotive greases use a Calcium Sulfonate thickener.
100% true on all accounts but I'm guessing on the chemistry part. I sell the stuff but I am not a chemical engineer or chemist.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts