Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys here is the deal.
You must have some out-west experience, with a sled that is all setup to and handle the mountains. (or rent one)
We will be doing a lot of boondocking and some trails. (We don't want first timers please)

I am looking for a least 1 and maybe two more guys to go. We already have vehicles lined up you need just need to meet up with us and get in.

I want at least 6 guys going. (cheaper gas and lodging for all)
We have 5 guys going as of Friday night. (Jan/03/2007)
Roger - roughrider
todd – mnf7rider – Handlebars
kevin – silverram323
troy - wideopen800
john – minet

Here is the plans
We leave my house (Wyoming, MN) between 9-10pm Thursday night (Jan 11th) Drive south to pick up troy and meet up with Todd (Hastings, MN), he is also driving his truck. 3-4 people in each vehicle.

Drive through the night and arrive at togwotee at or around 4-6 pm (jan 12th Friday) 18-22 hr drive depending on weather. Pray for dry roads...

Eat dinner have a few cocktails and get a good night rest.

Ride like hell all day Saturday (Jan 13th)

all day Sunday (Jan 14th)

all day Monday (Jan 15th)

all day Tuesday ( Jan 16th)

Get up at 3-4 am Wednesday morning and head home. If all gos well we should make it home by 10-12pm Wednesday night.

The web site for where we are going is here we have 2 cabins.
Phone number is 1-800-543-2847

PLEASE let me know if anyone is interested in tagging along.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I wish I had seen this earlier. A spot just opened up for my brother and I to go to Cook City this weekend. We are heading to Togwotee in March. Togwotee is a great place, have fun!

Bill

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Do me and all the rest of us that are seeing very little snow :banghead: :banghead: . And take a few ...scratch that take a bunch of pics for please . That would be Kool :div20: It will help make this soon to be short winter a bit better . Be safe and enjoy the snow :fluffy: . C-YA

·
Registered
261 Posts
Lucky Dog! I'm going out first week in March, wish I could get off work for something as important as this. I only live a couple miles to the East of you. PLEASE, take some pics and post them when you get back! Have fun!.............still ridinthebest.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
silverram323 (no internet at this time, up nort ice fishing)has reported that 7 guys are ready for the trip, so the 'bus' is full!!!!!

Can not wait for the pics/reports from out there!

:beerchug:

·
Registered
808 Posts
If they hauled there short track sleds out there and plan on boondocking sure hope they didn't forget there shovels cuz they wont get far. They will spend more time shoveling pulling each other out then they will ridding. No fun trying to get un-stuck when your waste deep or more in snow!! Get the feeling Uncle Roger will have them boys sticking to the trail after this happens a time or two. Hope they don't lose the camera cuz I wanna see pictures!!!!

·
Registered
749 Posts
I'm ready and waiting................... Got the Crossfire all re-clutched, sway bar removed, and my 2" track installed. Ya, Kev, you read it right, TWO INCH!! LOL. Grandpa Roger hopes he won't be digging too many sleds out, including his own. Yes Chris, I think I will be cooking a few breakfasts. I have a grocery list started for a couple of them. The rest of you guys can bring some too. We will bring back lots of pics and vids. It's gonna be a blast! By the way, who's staying in my cabin with Troy and I? Hope you don't snore as bad as I do! Hahahahahahaha.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
This should be a interesting trip to watch. I heard there will be internet access, a computer and a camera!

PS. I also heard Kevin has been on a diet during the last two weeks, That should help with only a 1 1/4 track, right? Being lighter? :dunno:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.