Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting killed by the high cost of fuel/gas in their line of work? I myself have been haulingwood fof 25 years and right now i can,t make ends meet. Guess i will try and stick it out cause its all i have done but dam it gets on my nerves to have to take money from my home equity loan just to keep operating but what can you do all i have is tyed up in my trucks so i got to pay for them or i lose all the money i got in them sorry for the rant but i think alot of people are in my boat which is slowly sinking

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I know what you mean. I'm only 15 and I'm trying to come up with money for gas. It really sucks!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I know what you mean. I'm only 15 and I'm trying to come up with money for gas. It really sucks![/b]
I feel your pain, but not quite the same.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Imagine using 1500-2000 gallons a week!! Thats an average $2500 a week at $1.50 increase over past couple years. Or $10,000 A MONTH!!! $120,000 more per year. Try to eat that or pass it on to customer or jobs,IMPOSSIBLE.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can cause i use 100 gallons in my truck and my trailer uses 100-150 gallons a day it sucks a big one

·
Registered
65 Posts
If fuel cost more than a 3rd of your monthly income you are fighting a loseing battle. My father and uncle had to sell out of both there trucking companies because of the high fuel cost, they could not make a decent living anymore after 20 years in trucking.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Getting killed by the high cost of fuel/gas in their line of work? I myself have been haulingwood fof 25 years and right now i can,t make ends meet. Guess i will try and stick it out cause its all i have done but dam it gets on my nerves to have to take money from my home equity loan just to keep operating but what can you do all i have is tyed up in my trucks so i got to pay for them or i lose all the money i got in them sorry for the rant but i think alot of people are in my boat which is slowly sinking[/b]
I hear ya. I just traded my big box truck in for a pick up and a trailer. My box truck got about 10 mpg and the new truck get 13 towing my trailer. I get a lot better fuel milage and I can leave my wagon on the site. I'm hoping that diesel doesn't hit $4 a gal...........

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Getting killed by the high cost of fuel/gas in their line of work? I myself have been haulingwood fof 25 years and right now i can,t make ends meet. Guess i will try and stick it out cause its all i have done but dam it gets on my nerves to have to take money from my home equity loan just to keep operating but what can you do all i have is tyed up in my trucks so i got to pay for them or i lose all the money i got in them sorry for the rant but i think alot of people are in my boat which is slowly sinking[/b]
The really sad thing is that none of the people we have in office can do a fucking thing about regulating the greedy thieves who run these oil companies, there should be something in place to regulate prices. How about old people who live on fixed incomes - give up groceries or medicine to keep warm? Just ain't right - end of rant

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't want to get on here and beg but anyone got any work out their for a 2000 western star tractor? would like in state work if possible. Just want to make my payments and have a little left over

·
Registered
167 Posts
I realize that you are stuck between a rock and a hard place, but taking $$ from a home eqity loan to pay for fuel is fighting a losing battle. I am not telling you what to do, but I would not put my home in jepordy.

I hope things turn around for you.

I have got a feeling that we are beginning a slide into a real recession......if not a depression.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes phazer i agree but if you had a couple of trucks that you proberly couldn't give away in todays market what would you do ? If i could sell them for what they was worth i could come out with 60-75 thousand to the good if their was a market for them but who in their right mind would pay fair market value for a truck right now? Also how many of you guys are maxing out your credit cards to go play each weekend ? I think the overall picture out their is very bleak and is not going to get any better untill some major changes are made in augusta and Washington,DC the only problem we havent got anyone worth a fuck running for president and we are stuck with baldassy in augusta so we are in for a long rough ride before it gets better

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yes phazer i agree but if you had a couple of trucks that you proberly couldn't give away in todays market what would you do ? If i could sell them for what they was worth i could come out with 60-75 thousand to the good if their was a market for them but who in their right mind would pay fair market value for a truck right now? Also how many of you guys are maxing out your credit cards to go play each weekend ? I think the overall picture out their is very bleak and is not going to get any better untill some major changes are made in augusta and Washington,DC the only problem we havent got anyone worth a fuck running for president and we are stuck with baldassy in augusta so we are in for a long rough ride before it gets better[/b]
I know it must realy suck, due to fuel prices, your trucks are not worth what you have in them and if you dump them, then you basically have to start over and find another line of work. I realy do not fully understand how the price of fuel can be driven by supply and demand............ do you have any problem finding all of the fuel you want..NO. How about #2 fuel oil?? same basic product as diesel, NO road tax and it cost the same! I think that the federal govt needs to control the amount of profit the oil companys can make. Energy cost are not going to drop and we will need the change our lives to adapt in the future.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am smart enough to no that they are not worth what i got in them but i was basing my figures on a fair market value 2006 western star tri axle with 2006 serco loader new 175,000 used should be worth 100,000-110,000 owe like 50,000$ 2000 western star tractor with bunk and stairs log trailer worth 35,000 owe maybe24,000 see were i get 60-70 thousand to the good? now if their was a market for them that would be realistic but not in this econemy

·
Registered
384 Posts
The really sad thing is that none of the people we have in office can do a fucking thing about regulating the greedy thieves who run these oil companies, there should be something in place to regulate prices. How about old people who live on fixed incomes - give up groceries or medicine to keep warm? Just ain't right - end of rant[/b]
You can thank China and India for that. Its not all the oil companies. The US Govenment makes more on a gallon of fuel than the oil company does, so why would they want to "REGULATE" it? Get the facts.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You can thank China and India for that. Its not all the oil companies. The US Govenment makes more on a gallon of fuel than the oil company does, so why would they want to "REGULATE" it? Get the facts.[/b]
OIl company gets about 55% of the price of a gallon a gas
Refining gets about 21%
Gov't get about 20%
delivery and market gets about 4 %

·
Registered
209 Posts
I bought a hybrid (Nissan Altima) about a week and a half ago. I never thought I would be saying that. But the dealer filled the tank when I purchased it, I have gone 400 miles, and the guage shows half a tank left. I'm getting 42mpg around town, and it's a pretty good size car.

·
Registered
502 Posts
OIl company gets about 55% of the price of a gallon a gas
Refining gets about 21%
Gov't get about 20%
delivery and market gets about 4 %[/b]
Getting 55% of the price is not the same as "making" 55%. The oil companies are not the problem. We need less spending in Augusta and DC and reduced taxes. Evilhomer is right. The gvt gets the bulk of the cost. Talk about obscean profit margins, I'm glad my diesel truck doesn't run on water!! Bottled water and soda cost a hell of a lot more than fuel. Fuel has not kept up with inflation either. I all sucks though. let's elect people that understand economics and will lower taxes and spending. We have stimulated the economy by spending to much already.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
The government gets a % of the cost of fuel. The higher the cost of fuel....the more the gov gets. Why do you think they don't try to stop it. Used to be in sales of building products. Every time the price went up I'd get a raise. Til it all goes in the shitter. Stay tuned......shitter approaching

·
Registered
228 Posts
[attachment=419054:imgIL5aav_thumb.jpg]my family and i are in the same boat too. we got 2 trucks now and trying to fill them up is bullsh-t. we need to clean house in DC and augusta. it has to end soon. does anyone know whare another 86 billion dollar$ went not too long ago??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts