Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know if u take out that one bar that connects ur front suspension it makes it independant and i am aware that it makes cornering difficult but has anyone really done it and noticed the differeances 1st hand i would like to hear ur lieks and dislikes before i do it.

T

·
0 Posts
Yup, not intentionally, but I broke the ball joint off the end of the sway bar on my old MXZ. It cornered like Sh%t. Got it fixed ASAP. I hated riding it like that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
would imagine you'll get a TON of inside ski lift with no sway bar......we run a stock car during the summer....and couldn't imagine driving it without a sway bar. And as far as racing.....wouldn't tightening the sway bar on right ski.....assuming your driving clockwise make more sense than removing it? I wouldn't know.....don't race snowmobiles....but it works for cars.

Any way....have fun.....let us all know how it handles

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sway bar....In my old ZR i took it out and I was wasted by noon. I had to work extremely hard to stay in control. As for the sno pro the long track and the stiffer spring setup off sets not having the sway bar.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've just got to imagine that it will make your sled very ill handling.....if it does make less inside ski lift then it should work. But if its independent then your relying entirely on the outside ski (assuming that you don't lift it enough to loose contact with the groung) all of your weight transfer is onto that outside ski...but anyway....like I said....keep us informed of how it works if you try it

·
Registered
47 Posts
I run a Heavy-duty sway-bar(5/8") compared to stock(7/16")
much better handling (less inside ski-lift)
had it on my ZR800 now on my F7

·
Premium Member
4,431 Posts
There is NO ski lift w/out the sway bar, but body roll. There is so much travel up front, that on a hard corners the outside ski just keeps compressing and the inside ski comes up maybe 1".
Try it w/out. ITs interesting to say the least.

Pat

·
Registered
298 Posts
i've got 850 miles w/out sway bars all on groomed trails. added a few turns on the front shock pre-load to counter the roll worked ok. I ride stand up so leaning in and foward on the corners keeps me flat. I did jump on my brothers sled with the sway bars and it is much easier to turn. you can put a lot of pressure on the outside ski with no roll. i think i'm going to re-install ride is much better. i lead alot and the trails are narrow so i put my right ski into the powder to stay right. if you hit a rock or stump with the sway bars in you will get tossed. now that we have good snow and grooming its time to go back. hope this helps

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea see like im not gonna be on the trails more than 50% or less of the time so im thinking for the way i ride it will work a lot better. ALso i am revalving my suspension like a brick so when i sky they wont blow so i think it will work great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts