Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were there any new laws passed for this season in MI? I thought I would start theard for all of us MI boys to check and see so we don't get tickets for new stupid laws. Thanks

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
i hav'nt heard of any :banana: , my brother in law is a CO. and he does'nt know of any, but what do the cops know anyway. :smilielol:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Head light covers are now against the law. Think it was passed last year but goes into effect this season.

·
Registered
266 Posts
thers talk about a spped limit on kawkawlin river in bay city and i think they passed a curfew

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
No new state laws. If you ride in Chocolay township watch your speed. Local officials and Sherriff's have been attempting to put in a 35 mph speed limit on a section of trail. The MSA is opposed to this and is fighting against it. As of late August it is not passed but a warning by local law officers (both DNR and Sheriffs) that tickets will be written as they see fit based on "reasonable and prudent speed" laws.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by mikef7@Sep 26 2005, 07:23 AM
No new state laws. If you ride in Chocolay township watch your speed.  Local officials and Sherriff's have been attempting to put in a 35 mph speed limit on a section of trail. The MSA is opposed to this and is fighting against it. As of late August it is not passed but a warning by local law officers (both DNR and Sheriffs) that tickets will be written as they see fit based on "reasonable and prudent speed" laws.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=892835
[/quote]

my clutch doesnt even engage at 35mph... :banghead: i've seen some speed limit signs where it said 10mph...u know how hard it is to stay 10 mph on a sled? :augen41:

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Originally posted by mikef7@Sep 26 2005, 07:23 AM
No new state laws. If you ride in Chocolay township watch your speed.  Local officials and Sherriff's have been attempting to put in a 35 mph speed limit on a section of trail. The MSA is opposed to this and is fighting against it. As of late August it is not passed but a warning by local law officers (both DNR and Sheriffs) that tickets will be written as they see fit based on "reasonable and prudent speed" laws.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=892835
[/quote]

I hope MSA can keep help persuate the powers that be to keep the speed limits out -- we don't need that door opened. However, I have personally seen sleds blowing through that trail at very high rates of speed. It isn't that big of a deal to slow it down for a couple of miles while going through that area rather than flying through and pissing off those who live along that trail. Those who ignore it are NOT helping our cause of keeping that trail open.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
where is Chocolay township and do they have to put a speed limt sighn, so that you know the speed limt. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
It's on the south side of Marquette in the town of Harvey. There is no posted speed limit, however, I have spoken to their police and they will and do write tickets for careless driving or excessive speed through that residential area. They have clearly marked signs on both sides of that area askiing sledders to slow down and to be sure to stay on the trail.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Originally posted by clayburn@Sep 25 2005, 07:19 PM
thers talk about a spped limit on kawkawlin river in bay city and i think they passed a curfew
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=892155
[/quote]

Yeah, that was in the paper a few weeks ago, they set a speed limit of 55 on the kawkawlin river. It may even be 45, I'm not sure.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by sickf5@Sep 28 2005, 07:49 PM
Yeah, that was in the paper a few weeks ago, they set a speed limit of 55 on the kawkawlin river.  It may even be 45, I'm not sure.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=898170
[/quote]

do you know if they passed the curfew? the 45 or 55 limit is gonna be a bad deal for the drag racers in front of castaways and im sure they will be sitting there to enforce it

·
Registered
50 Posts
In the UP right now they are trying to pass a law that requires a permit for doing poker runs,, that includes having a million dollar liability policy.

Slowly they are making some of us Outlaws :frech11: catch me if you can.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yeah they passed a speed limit on the kawkawkin river it is 45 but I havent heard about a curfew. They will be trying to enforce this the cops got a grant for a couple of high speed sleds.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I havn't heard of any. :dunno:

I wonder how many Dumb Fucks will still continue to use colored head light covers on the trails though this year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts