Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1 winter and 2,500 miles on my T660ST and I'm very pleased with the performance, even stepping down from my 03 ZR800. The only disappointment that I have is the lack of top end. With the amount of torque it has coming up through the lower end I can't beleave there is no way of improving the top end. Has anyone made any proven mods to the top end speed ie:gearing. I am only getting 85-87 out of mine.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
damn this thread better get some good info but i havent seen any thing about it on any other threads i wonder why none of the after market companies are tinkering with the 660

·
Registered
161 Posts
Posted this on arctic chat as well...

I'm wondering this also, if there is any mods out there for more top speed. I'm guessing a clutch mod would help out alot for top speed and gearing of course. I know the sled had the torque but lacks alittle hp but basically it should be able to run side by side with an F6 if set up right. F6 has little more Hp but less torque.

Anyone have any ideas?

My idea is...

1.. A blow off valve..mainly because they sounds sweeeeet. pissssssss pisssssss after you let off the gas

2.. Boast controller, but only if the fuel mapping can be adjusted.

3.. Piggy back computer to adjust fuel mapping and boast ...FMU for fuel is the cheap way

4..BORE and STROKE the motor

5.. Port and polish, balance etc

6..Put a larger turbo on yes this is CRAP for lag and I would only mod stock turbo by making it spool up faster but it will give you more HP

7...Turbo manifold this adds HUGE in spool time and will help over all HP and torque with out $$$ or any ill effect on the motor

8.. exhaust minor but will help of course.

9... hmm put a Hayabusa motor in it and boost it... should be good for 320hp+

sorry only have 9 ways not in any order....But has anyone done any of these?? I'm still waiting for my 06 and don't plan on doing any mods because it has the 4 year warrenty but I might be tempted hehe

·
Premium Member
5,219 Posts
someon makes a chip for them I think D&D but not for sure i for get it was last yr when i heard about it supposed to make good power

·
Registered
161 Posts
If they chip it I'm sure there cahnging the fuel/timming/boost thing is that motor run HIGH boost to start with. 18psi I think I was told, thats not very efficent so not sure if they will last if there just increasing the boost and fuel timming to match. I'll have to look into it. Didn't see anything on d&D website

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Can a PAC or fuel restrictor system be installed on a 4-stroke eFi just as it can be on a 2 stroke?

·
Registered
161 Posts
hmm, well if mine was not under warrenty and well the fact that I don't even have it yet, I would try a few things.

Does the sled have an o2 sensor? If not it does then one minor thing we can do is hook up a wide band o2 there about $400 US with digital read out. And then hook up a piggy back fuel and boost controller like what Apex'i has. I actually have one for my car put it doesn't control boost thats the problem. :frech32:

·
Premium Member
5,219 Posts
Originally posted by TurboST@Sep 15 2005, 01:45 PM
If they chip it I'm sure there cahnging the fuel/timming/boost thing is that motor run HIGH boost to start with. 18psi I think I was told, thats not very efficent so not sure if they will last if there just increasing the boost and fuel timming to match. I'll have to look into it. Didn't see anything on d&D website
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=876348
[/quote]

maybe black magic :dunno:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lots of mods available since that engine is used in car application in Japan and Europe. You can have that engine bored to 698cc and have it produce up to 230 bhp with turbo and nitro. I'm in discussion with a company to have those parts adapted to our snowmobile configuration. I'm expecting to have my engine produce 135-140 hp without boring it. i'll give more info soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
That Capucino is some rice cooker. Too bad they don't sell them in the US.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Talked to my dealer today, and he showed me the new speedwerx catalog. Guess what one page dedicated to the 660 it states call for info but they list exaust mods, fuel control, cams, heads, clutching ect. :smiley-faces7:
By the way this isn't BS :div20:

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Originally posted by Mr.Freeze@Oct 4 2005, 02:58 PM
Talked to my dealer today, and he showed me the new speedwerx catalog. Guess what one page dedicated to the 660 it states call for info but they list exaust mods, fuel control, cams, heads, clutching ect.  :smiley-faces7:
By the way this isn't BS  :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=907799
[/quote]

is there a website im doing searches but but one cam up as just motorcycles and another was go carts

·
Registered
334 Posts
doesn't show up on web sight But if go to your dealer you can see for yourself. Maybe that outdoor shop guy can veryify or help with some info I saw they carry speedwerx stuff on that sight

·
Registered
25 Posts
Originally posted by av42medics@Sep 26 2005, 09:18 AM
Someone better come up with something fast or I'll be riding a FST Touring :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=892894
[/quote]
:dance2: You just gave me the best news I've heard.Now I have some thing to look forward to. :div20:

·
Registered
334 Posts
checked in with the dealer today speedwerx is draggin their frickin feet on this nothing is ready yet call back in Jan. looks like by the time they get there act together we will all have the new 160 HP twin turbo. What's the deal :banghead:

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Originally posted by Mr.Freeze@Dec 7 2005, 01:56 PM
checked in with the dealer today speedwerx is draggin their frickin feet on this nothing is ready yet call back in Jan.  looks like by the time they get there act together we will all have the new 160 HP twin turbo.  What's the deal  :banghead:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=1079973
[/quote]

thats probably what they think also so they said screw it

1 - 20 of 140 Posts