Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my idea... I'm new to snowmbiling and racing, and don't know if it has been done before. But I would like to try and set up a hill/drag in SE Michigan (Mt. Holly comes to mind first). Simple 5 class structure, try just one day to start, gentle uphill to keep speeds down a little, no dragcross bumps or jumps. I know there is a lot of guys around here that are just dying to run their sleds in a friendly, loose competition. I don't know yet what fees and prizes are involved, but I'm thinking a 500, 700, 900, power adders, and snocross, 500' or however much room is available (no more than 660'). Sleds in the displacement classes must be TRAIL sleds (current registrations and trail permits) Any input or support is what I'm looking for.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't approached Mt Holly management about it yet, but will this week if there is some interest. The best thing that I have came up with is that all racers and spectators to buy a rope tow ticket. They have legal disclaimers on them which release Mt. Holly from liability upon purchase. If Mt. Holly could sell 100-200 of these ($20 or so) I'm pretty sure we could use part of the hill. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
587 Posts
i would participate if it could happen.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
:banghead: :banghead: sounds like a great idea,but will need a class for my 1100 trail sled! going up a hill squeezen the throttle on 225+hp is a rush everybody needs to experience,at least a few dozen times !!!!!!! i bet the skiers and snowboraders would get a kick out of it.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya buddy! Wes, I can't figure out why we need a special class for you tho... Scared of those nitrous firechickens? lmao!! Maybe a different class name LOST PINES SPECIALS!!! Don't get hung up on a class system as the prizes aren't going to be much. There is a bar there... maybe some side bets grudge races? I'll try to contact MT. HOLLY tomorrow and go from there. Thanks for the input so far.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
:banghead: there is a company in town[midland] that makes snow making equip. for ski slopes, wonder if they rent them? its called snowmakers i think. a little cold weather,add alittle water, a snow making machine, see where this is going, screw ma nature. oh well see what happens when there is to much time to think. 6 or 700 ft would be better then nothing.been by there when they are testing,looks like a blizzard. hey, i wonder if you could mount one on the back of a c130, fly low over the trails, ah screw it ,iam gonna go out and wax the bike!

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
sounds like a blast ,count me in. and about the classes, how about keepin it real simple. maybe instead of eliminations maybe call it a test and tune. and sell 'runs". our club did it once with radar runs & slolom run. 15 dollar gate and 5 dollars a run. kinda like grudge racin, pair up with who ya want, talk some smack. most guys will buy 4-5 runs. and its guaranteed, no one run & on the trailer. just a good old fashioned fun day. and its easier for the promoter. no brackets, no classes, no whinin( ok it will cut down the whinin) hell ,Id love to chase a 1100 up a hill with my f7( Ill bring tear offs for my goggles) better the watch it sit in the garage.
what do you guys think. we better do it quick cuz once, if, snow hits , guys will be in the trails

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks everyone for the input and support. I have left messages with both Mt. Brighton and Mt. Holly, and eagerly awaiting a response. I am trying to get this ball rolling as quick as possible because of trails being open shortly. I have drafted a more formal idea of what this race day will entail. If there is anything you would like to add, let me know

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well.... Alpine Valley is an emphatic NO! :dunno: Left a message at Pine Knob as well. Probably won't hear anything until '07. I just don't know how to get to the GMs effectively... :banghead: As far as trails opening shortly, I meant that there probably won't be much support for this venture if there are good rideable trails. I wish I was holding out. :div20:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.