Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Meat Man
15,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1997 Polaris 500 classic, can anyone tell me where this hose goes? It’s teed into both carbs.

For a friend. :bc:

Attachments

·
The Meat Man
15,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Carb bowl vents?? The airbox has their own hoses.

·
The Meat Man
15,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2005 polaris 700 XC-SP F/O & 1980 Polaris TX-L
1,225 Posts
The teed vent hose your showing, just hangs free between the 2 carbs.
On the opposite side of each carb, you will see another brass nipple. A hose goes on each of those fittings.
The left one goes to the left 90° fitting on the lower airbox deck. The right side hose goes to the right side fitting on the fitting next to the left side one.

·
The Meat Man
15,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The teed vent hose your showing, just hangs free between the 2 carbs.
On the opposite side of each carb, you will see another brass nipple. A hose goes on each of those fittings.
The left one goes to the left 90° fitting on the lower airbox deck. The right side hose goes to the right side fitting on the fitting next to the left side one.
Thanks, we will check it out soon. :bc:

·
Premium Member
16,089 Posts
Make sure that each of the 3 downward hanging hoses has a check valve oriented so that fuel can drain out, but air can't enter. This ensures that only airbox pressure is applied to the top of the fuel inside the float bowls. I've seen check valves installed the wrong direction sometimes. This causes underhood pressure to be applied to the carb float bowls enriching the mixture somewhat.

·
Premium Member
16,089 Posts
It's very important to be sure where to place the carb vent hoses. The carbs are jetted accordingly.
My 97 Shop Manual states that this sled is jetted at
350 mains, 40 pilots, 6F9-3 needles, P8 (247) Needle jets, 2.5 slide cutaways. If it isn't, then someone may have rejetted it for different venting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
1997 Polaris 500 classic, can anyone tell me where this hose goes? It’s teed into both carbs.

For a friend. :bc:
Pretty sure that one just hangs straight down. It has the one way valve in it, looks like it's in correctly (dark up). On my 92s there are three lines like that that hang straight down (left, right and center). On the left and right ones, coming off the top of the 3 way junction, are the vent lines that run to the handlebars.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A little blurry, but if you look you can see all 3 of the one way valves hanging down. On mine, they just end at the valve, there is no extra hose on it. Might be right, might not be? But that's how it was before I replaced all lines.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts