Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Lee Center, NY not to far From Rome, NY and I ride right from my house, I can get to tug hill in 35 to 45 mins any one else Ride near me, if so we should all get togather for a ride some weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
i live in Oneida NY....Put alot of miles on in the Boonville/Westernville area. Real close to Tug Hill.

Peter

·
Registered
302 Posts
I went up last weekend, but rain sucked until sat aft. I live ~ 2hrs west of the hill in Williamson by Sodus Bay. Sometimes we ride from here to the hill and Old Forge and back. ~650 mi total

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, Good ride, I went from here (Lee Center) to Beaver River last year, it was 250.00 Miles or so, Good ride out but rough comeing back. but a great time, 7 miles across beaver River, Yeah Baby!!!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
i unload at the nice n easy in Westernville and head towards West Lyden or i'll go the other way towards Alder Creek...If Oneida has snow i'll leave from the house.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NO ---- I use to live not to far from Nice and easy, They put that bridge in last year, Yes then just head to penn MNT from there and you can go anywhere, We will have to get togather sometime and ride, if you are up for it? sounds like fun, Let me no if you are up for it?

Rich

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I live about 2 hrs. east of the hill in Mayfield, NY. Riding is decent around here right now-put about 40 miles on around here today. Tomorrow some friends and I are trailering to Salisbury Ridge Runners club and riding from there. We will probably head west and hit the Penn Mountain sno-riders trails at Hinckley Reservoir. May head over to Alder Creek Inn for lunch depending on the trails.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well I have not been up that way yet, But I am sure Hinkly is not froze yet, I I camp up there in the summer, Do you no where Dusharms is?, Have you been to cafe nero?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I definitely don't plan on riding the reservoir-I'll stick to the trail along the roadside for a few miles there. I have seen the sign for cafe Nero but have never been there. Don't know where Dusharms is-normally we stay more to the east-Haskell's, Bearpath Inn and some bars in Poland.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you kidding, Cafe Nero Has free coffee for snowmobilers, Not what We drink when we are ther but you no, Its like a nice dinner, well if you think you will be up that way ever, Let me no!~, You must have been to Dan hudon's big snowmobile parts dealer, people come from all over to go there, Not to far from the nero

·
Registered
593 Posts
I LIVE I SYRACUSE NY, JUST CAME BACK FROM THE HILL A CPOUPLE HOURS AGO. i USALLY PARK AT LITTLE JOHN ROAD AND RIDE THE WHOLE HILL AND I HAVE PASSES FOR OLD FOGRE BUT HAVE ONLY BEEN THERE ONCE THIS YEAR.

·
Registered
593 Posts
IT WAS IN GOOD SHAPE. ALL THE TRAILS WERE HARD PACK THEY MUST HAVE GROOMED AYESTERDAY WHEN THE SNOW WAS SOGGY. THE TRAILS STARTED TO DETEROIRATE IN THE TURS AT THE END OF THE DAY BUT IT WAS SNOWING LIKE HELL, SOME TRAILS TO STAY AWAY FROM ARE LITTLE JOHN, AND THE TRAIL COMING FROM HIGHMARKET LEADING INTO THE FOUR COURNERS. THE BEST TRAIL WAS THE RAILROAD BED, FLAT AND FAST. TOMORROW IT SHOULD BE GOOD I WOULKD GO BUT I HAVE TO BUY X-MAS GIFTS SOME TIME BEFORE THE 25. ANOTHER THING THERE WASN'T HARDLY ANYONE THERE THIS MOURNING BUT IT WAS GETTING CROWDED TOWARDS THE END. SO HAVE FUN

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Thanks for the report. I didn't have any presents either so I got my wifes catalogs out last Tuesday and ordered away-got some really nice stuff that I know she wants and it all arrived at my doorstep already-I can ride guilt free tomorrow. :p

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They say we are getting more snow this week, I cant wait! I Just got some new studs but they dont look very long, They come out past the lug but not much, I do have the snow pro track, Maybe they cant go to long with the studs for fear of hitting something under the tunnel, The ones on my ZR hook up great I can hold the skis in the air for 100 feet or so but it has a low speed track and 196 studs that come out way past the lug, So I dont no if I should try a longer stud or not, they are woodys megs bites.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I LIVE IN THE HUDSON VALLEY,BUT RIDE MOSTLY TUG HILL & NORTH..LOOKS LIKE THE HILL WILL BE GETTING MORE SNOW TONIGHT & TOMORROW..ALSO HUDSON VALLEY AREA MAY GET GOOD SNOW ON CHRISTMAS.. :lol:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Originally posted by SabercattF7@Dec 22 2002, 09:56 AM
I think I am going to Timberveiw lodge for new years, Rent a room down the road, and ride the sleds there.
YEAH,MY POO BUDDYS WILL BE UP THERE,STAYING AT THE PIONEER LODGE RIGHT IN TURIN,I GUESS THE TIMBERVIEW HAS A PRETTY GOOD PARTY,FIREWORKS ETC...WISH I COULD BE THERE!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts