Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
my guess is they are waiting to post numbers until they know exactly the package they are going to release. A few changes to the ECU could mean +/- ponies. Plus someone was saying earlier today that they still haven't been cleared by the EPA.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Polaris will never post a number. To much variation in dynos,methods,condition etc. they are not gonna say it's 168 and hav somebody else make a pull and have it not match up.

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
Polaris will never post a number. To much variation in dynos,methods,condition etc. they are not gonna say it's 168 and hav somebody else make a pull and have it not match up.
I'll be good what ever it is. I rode them and they pull strong so the actual number don't matter to me. I would just like to see the power curve for clutching purposed.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I'll be good what ever it is. I rode them and they pull strong so the actual number don't matter to me. I would just like to see the power curve for clutching purposed.
Yup I'm In the same boat. Don't really care it's just a number. It's gonna haul ass regardless. Different story if you running the big 4 stroke motors.

·
Registered
7,212 Posts
Hopefully they fake news 100HP or something like it.

Will create fun drama. Ha.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
my guess is they are waiting to post numbers until they know exactly the package they are going to release. A few changes to the ECU could mean +/- ponies. Plus someone was saying earlier today that they still haven't been cleared by the EPA.
No one will ever achieve more HP going from a pre production curve to an EPA curve on the same motor setup.

·
Administrator
20,661 Posts
Agreed. I think the last time Polaris officially released a HP number was the 2009 Dragon 800 that was marketed as 154hp. I think we all know the end results of that :whistle:

·
Registered
20 850 Assault
2,482 Posts
It does after a bunch of money, time and parts lol!

·
Vendor
10,085 Posts
you road pre production ones. a lot can change in between this. people are forgetting about the 800 in 2007. i saw the dyno sheet. 154 h.p. then it didn't pass EPA when guys got them they were 145 h.p. turds that blew up just looking at them. hope this isn't the case?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Yeah too many variations in dynos readout. Even a different person at the same company calibrating a dyno can have it read different numbers. Plus then you have no idea if the dyno adds into a correction factor. If it doesn't then it will always be different numbers. If it does, then is it calibrated? Once you dive deep into dynos details you'll see the only way to get a for sure answer, is to have a baseline number and watch the increase from the baseline power, on the same day, hopefully around the same time or conditions.

Another thing to consider about dynos is the room properly ventilated? Most aren't. Is the dyno cell have more pressure inside than outside? That helps alot in evacuing air. When we had my friends duramax on the chassis dyno it made 1060 lb-ft of torque to the wheels on the first pull. Ass of the truck sticking out the back, fans pushing air out the back. The CO and tiny amount of soot still wasnt pushed out of the room. It made 998 lb-ft on the second run.

That being said, I also would like to see some dyno numbers lol

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guess I was more curious if one had been put on at DynoTech yet. Subtract about 7-8 hp from their number and you have your real number. The number without a hot pipe and cold motor and ethanol added to cool things down. Prime example is Cats 800DSI 160hp there with all the tricks and 152 everywhere else. Same thing with the Doo 850, 160hp motor.

Not a lot of secrets any longer, 20 hp per every 100cc’s. Whether it’s a 600, 800, or 850.

·
Premium Member
15,911 Posts
DTR has one of the most accurate dynos in the country. Most other shops would love to test as accurately. Many good shops like D&D, HTG, etc send their customers to DTR for verification.

I've been dealing with DTR for almost 30 years.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DTR has one of the most accurate dynos in the country. Most other shops would love to test as accurately. Many good shops like D&D, HTG, etc send their customers to DTR for verification.

I've been dealing with DTR for almost 30 years.
Exactly, they know how to ge every last hp out of an engine.

Ex. Cat 800 DSI, DTR 160 hp, Speedwerx and everyone else 152.

I started getting DTR in print 1988 when our Yamaha Exciters went down every other weekend.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DTR dynoed the cat 800 at 160 it was a pre production one i believe. They have since dynoed many more and they are around 150 same as dynes at D&D, speedworks, ect
Not a preproduction model. As I stated earlier hot pipe, cold water running through motor, ethanol to cool things even more.

The Cat dealer was there and stated, “ make this thing hit 160hp”

1 - 20 of 61 Posts