Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,478 Posts
I went an purchased a 2006 600 H.O. Switchback (BlUE) today, Im not picking it up till on the 30th. I will post some pics of it for yall then. Until then we will have to wait for someone else to post so pics for us to salivate over.

Also the guys at the dealer ship said that they twin pipes are going to be made for the 600 H.O. Swithbacks and fusions as well as a 660 big bore kit and a 725 big bore kit that is supposed to make 150 horsepower with the twin pipes, anyone else heard about this.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Originally posted by 98PSI700RMK@Sep 18 2005, 03:24 AM
I went an purchased a 2006 600 H.O. Switchback (BlUE) today, Im not picking it up till on the 30th. I will post some pics of it for yall then. Until then we will have to wait for someone else to post so pics for us to salivate over.

Also the guys at the dealer ship said that they twin pipes are going to be made for the 600 H.O. Swithbacks and fusions as well as a 660 big bore kit and a 725 big bore kit that is supposed to make 150 horsepower with the twin pipes, anyone else heard about this.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=879853
[/quote]
Yes the dealership obviously just took all that info right off the SLP sight. The 60 kit alone with a single carls 660 pipe on the old 600 engine makes about 140 area so I have heard so the 725 making 150 is low. Go to the slp site and read what the dealership memorized to feel like he had the inside scoop.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by braaap11889@Sep 18 2005, 11:36 AM
Yes the dealership obviously just took all that info right off the SLP sight. The 60 kit alone with a single carls 660 pipe on the old 600 engine makes about 140 area so I have heard so the 725 making 150 is low. Go to the slp site and read what the dealership memorized to feel like he had the inside scoop.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=880191
[/quote]
slp never stated any hp numbers on their site for this new stuff

·
Registered
8,478 Posts
Like i said though thats just what the guy told me, but the 600 ho makes 120 hp out of the crate and is supposed to take a stock 700 no problem thats without the twin pipes. So one would think that that the 660 kit alone should in fact make some where at least in the 140 and up range with the twin pipes, and the 725 kit should make somewhere on the upperside of 150+ maybe more. And your right the numbers on the Slp sight are for the 110hp 600 the new 600 pipes havent been relased yet, but be sure that I will be getting a set as soon as they come out, and i will be posting my input and some numbers for you. The 600 motor even bone stock sounds like its going to be a screamer anyhow.

·
Registered
8,478 Posts
Anyone get there 06 Switchback yet, looking for some pics ( I am not picking mine up till the 30th )

·
Registered
350 Posts
Its a win some lose some for the 600 fusion on the grass . But on the snow I think this sled will be on top for the 600s. A modified 600 will be even more Impressive!! :)

·
Registered
8,478 Posts
THATS WHAT POLARIS IS GOING FOR THIS YEAR, THATS WHY THEY PUT SO MUCH FOCUS ON THE 600 THEY ARE TIRED OF LOSING THE 600 CLASS. SO THIS REVAMPED 600 IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST EVER... THATS WHAT I AM BANKING ON THATS WHY I BOUGHT MY 600 SWITCHBACK.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I hate to burst your bubble but the reason Polaris focused on the 600 especially the 600HO Switchback was because they are trying to get a piece of the market that SkiDoo has with the Renegade. I spoke with a marketing guy from the plant in the spring 'cause I wanted a 700 Switchback and was wondering why they didn't make one. His answer was marketting. SkiDoo has done very well with the 600 renegade and they realize there is a demand for that type of sled.

·
Registered
8,478 Posts
Very true im a 700 guy myself (THATS WHY I KEPT MY 98 700 RMK), but with the way they project this switchback to be able to beat a stock 700, and if you want a 700 go with the 727 bore kit and get a set of twin pipes. That will make it more hp than a 700. You also could slap a 700 engine in if you really wanted too but I think that you will be presently surprised with this 600. I lifted the ski's in the ditch with it at the dealership when it was 57 degrees and its only going to get better when its colder, didnt feel like it was short on power by any means. Didn't go with the 700 engine or a 900 because of the vibration thing, maybe next year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts