Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My F7 has been sitting all summer and my dad went and started it lastnight and there was anti-freeze in the motor anyone have any Idea why or how this happens??

·
Registered
5,676 Posts

·
Registered
12,093 Posts
You got problems. Bad gasket, cracked head, cracked watercase, etc. If your mechanical, get going on it before the snow flies, if not, off to the dealer. Remember, the motor is the cheap part to repair.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by racinfarmer@Sep 13 2005, 06:02 PM
You got problems.  Bad gasket, cracked head, cracked watercase, etc.  If your mechanical, get going on it before the snow flies, if not, off to the dealer.  Remember, the motor is the cheap part to repair.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=873503
[/quote]

Damn, how would this happen it was all fine before the summer?

·
Registered
12,093 Posts
Originally posted by VmaX 600@Sep 13 2005, 07:03 PM
Damn, how would this happen it was all fine before the summer?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=873508
[/quote]

You might not have noticed it before. Sometimes things just happen all at once, sometimes they work their way into being a problem. It sucks, I know, but ya just got to deal with it.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
how did you know there was antifreeze in the motor? check on the water pump seals too. otherwise it's gaskets like the others said. it's ealy to check the head gaskets. start there. or do a pressure test

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by joe_f7@Sep 13 2005, 06:07 PM
how did you know there was antifreeze in the motor? check on the water pump seals too. otherwise it's gaskets like the others said. it's ealy to check the head gaskets. start there. or do a pressure test
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=873518
[/quote]

I didnt notice it my dad called me today and said he started it lastnight and it was blowing anti freeze out of the exhaust. So told me to get on here and put a post out to see if anyone else has had a problem.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I talked to my dad again and he said that the mtor held pressure.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Are you sure? Is your anti freeze tank low or empty? Is your dad seeing puddles or smoke?

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Make sure you check your inside head orings. My 440 was very hard on these. Make sure you check them out carefully. When I was rebuilding the top end I looked at a inside oring, it looked fine. Then I checked it again before I put it back together and sure enough it was cracked.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by teamgreen02@Sep 14 2005, 10:58 AM
Make sure you check your inside head orings.  My 440 was very hard on these.  Make sure you check them out carefully.  When I was rebuilding the top end I looked at a inside oring, it looked fine.  Then I checked it again before I put it back together and sure enough it was cracked.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=874577
[/quote]

Ok guys talked to my dad again today and he said he put pressure to the motor again but left it there longer and he said its the head O-Ring and that the air was backing up into the bottle.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
head gaskets are a easy fix. and it wasn't condesation in the exhaust he was seeing coming out was he. it was green and sweet tasteing? let us know what you come up with. air bubbles in the coolant bottle usually point to head gaskets

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by joe_f7@Sep 14 2005, 08:38 PM
head gaskets are a easy fix. and it wasn't condesation in the exhaust he was seeing coming out was he. it was green and sweet tasteing? let us know what you come up with. air bubbles in the coolant bottle usually point to head gaskets
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=875578
[/quote]

Nope didnt sound like it was condesation im not there im in Bismarck about 1.5hrs away he said that the anti freeze tank was low to and that the piston is scuffed.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Just curious-----How many miles on this sled? Is it an 04 F7Ext?

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
Originally posted by joe_f7@Sep 14 2005, 09:38 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=875578
[/quote]

Don't be tasting the antifreeze that shit is not good for you. :celebrating:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts