Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well took mine in for the oil pump recall....did a compression test 155 both side's i then asked him to take the exhaust of to check the wall's...quess what.....one cylinder shot the other has a scratch in it.The coating on the wall of the cylinder on the clutch side is peeling off big time look's like it is not getting enough oil...piston's were not scuffed.I have 2000 miles on it and it seemed like there was nothing wrong with it...lot's of power..good on fuel..etc.So i got 2 cylinder's and pistons on order hopeing to be going by friday!!CHECK UR CYLINDER'S..i could not tell i had a proplem untill i looked at the wall's!!!NEVER had a proplem with it never stalled or acted funny at any time!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
What do you think caused this? From your posts we know you warm it up, use de-icer, and turn it off went the light comes on!!! It must be the dealer.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Originally posted by canadiantim2@Mar 4 2003, 02:55 PM
What do you think caused this? From your posts we know you warm it up, use de-icer, and turn it off went the light comes on!!! It must be the dealer.
What the F##k???? How in the world would you think it was dealer???

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NO IT WAS NOT THE DEALER!!!I have 2000 miles on it now..him and cat both think it was oil related...most of my riding is at 6000-6500 where the lean spot is supposed to be in the oil pump.Never ever had a proplem with the machine never quite..stalled or any thing...i wanted the cylinder checked took the exhaust of and both wall's are shot...mark's line up on the pump....it will smoke u out of the buliding when first starting it...it was NOT a lean proplem with the fuel cause the plug's are a nice tan after a wide open run and after driving 50-65mph.We better listen to cat and turn the pump's up or there could be alot of pissed people when there engine goes pop.At $1000can a pop per cylinder i will be buying extended warrenty for the next 2 year's!!!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
rev i take it you live in canada so i am curios where you get the extended warranty? My dealer says there is no such thing. Is he BSing me or what?

If that is the case i will be some pissed.

I live in ontario.

Bob

·
Registered
921 Posts
My dealer told me that they have checked and replaced the pistons in ust about every F7 they have sold. My F5 is being checked tomorrow. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
U have up to a year to get it as long as u get it before the year is up when u got ur sled.I got my sled nov8th..i have till then to buy the warrenty.Cat does not offer the warrenty it is a couple of other compnies that do.Even when cat has the 2 year warrenty cat only cover's one year then a another company pick's up the other year.Ur dealer should know this...if he does not want to sell u warrenty go to another dealer they will be glad to take ur money.My dealer quoted me $1000 for 2 more year's.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Rev Them Up: I just had to make that point as when we were having troubles back months ago those were your answers to our cause of failure.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Originally posted by rev them up@Mar 4 2003, 11:09 AM
Well took mine in for the oil pump recall....did a compression test 155 both side's i then asked him to take the exhaust of to check the wall's...quess what.....one cylinder shot the other has a scratch in it.The coating on the wall of the cylinder on the clutch side is peeling off big time look's like it is not getting enough oil...piston's were not scuffed.I have 2000 miles on it and it seemed like there was nothing wrong with it...lot's of power..good on fuel..etc.So i got 2 cylinder's and pistons on order hopeing to be going by friday!!CHECK UR CYLINDER'S..i could not tell i had a proplem untill i looked at the wall's!!!NEVER had a proplem with it never stalled or acted funny at any time!!
Sounds identical to my situation. I had my pipe off a couple weeks ago to check, and the pto side piston is scuffed from the bottom all the way up through the rings. It too still has good compression and runs good. I have informed my dealer, but have not taken it in, as we don't have any snow around here anyway. :angry:

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
canadiantim2 the difference between mine and other's that u mentioned is mine never blew cause of smart vavle..froze gas line....it never stalled acted funny in any way.People were saying there machine was quiting and that the plug's were white..that mean's a lean condition had happened and it leaned down due to smart valve or bad gas..mine was neither.My plug's were a perfect tan...the only reason i new i had a proplem is when i took the exhaust off.It was my clyinder's that was fucked..pistion's were not scuffed..but dealer is replacing them for me.By the way what was ur proplem that ur's blew???And i still stick by those answer's i said canadiantim...mine was none of those reason's u said.....by the way my dealer just had a f6 go down...light came on he never paid any attention to it then she blew.

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
my buddy bought his F7 late in the season, had all the updates done on it, and one ride he hit 99mph on the lake, it shut off, restarted and would only run 30 mph, restarted again and it ran fine the rest of the day. took it to the dealer and the mag side was light seized, but no idea why it blew. btw thing ran dead even with an xc800 with a bad cylinder....lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts