Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, After yesterdays moderate snows for the southern half of the state, Our air mass has turned sharply colder with some of the coldest temps of the season coming in on Friday night ahead of our next weather maker.

Low pressure will move across the lower great lakes east into NY state, Warmer air aloft will ride over the colder air at the surface so this is what we cal a SW snow event (SWFE), In these types of systems, Snow is wide spread over a large area which will encompass the whole state, A secondary LP tries to form late along the Maine coast which could enhance totals over that area.

Snow totals should be in the 5-8" category state wide with some higher amounts possible right along the coast if a low gets going, I will monitor today's model runs and will get a map out tonight, After this storm, We should be able to get some local riding in once projects can get out and work the trails, Stay tuned!!! gade

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Heading to Bingham tomorrow morning. Is it looking like I should leave my kids some gas for the snowblower or just some wax for the shovels ? We only got a dusting of slush yesterday but we could be looking at 6+ down here Sat/Sun?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hey, super, I miss you guys, I spray rain X on the shovels for the grandkids, be safe out there, busy times on the trails finally, ride right, ride safe.Jim

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
If the storm collapses, they can use the gas to ride around town instead of in the snowblower?

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Heading to Bingham tomorrow morning. Is it looking like I should leave my kids some gas for the snowblower or just some wax for the shovels ? We only got a dusting of slush yesterday but we could be looking at 6+ down here Sat/Sun?

Gas for the snowblower.
Roger that.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Map time, A little coastal front enhancement so some higher totals on the coastal plain, Someone may even see 10" but could be isolated depending on where the coastal front sets up..............gade

Looks good. Hope it sticks around awhile. As is often my luck, I have to fly out tomorrow for a week for work. I knew this would happen.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Thanks Gade. Rangeley was good today but this is going to help a lot. Stratton/Eustis needs more.

As long as we are getting greedy....Any more chances this next week ?

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Looks like another solid contribution overnite Gade ! Right on the money although I havent been out and measured yet.

So....When do we start bitching about the trail woops caused by the deeper snow now ?
That start this week or next week ? Haha

·
Registered
459 Posts
Be nice if we could get into a snowy pattern for a week or two . trails are passable now but lots of hazards just under cover. I’ll wait for another storm before I can ride my sled hard..mean while I’ll keep hunting coyotes

1 - 20 of 22 Posts