Hardcore Sledder banner
101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
Sounds to me like the next lawsuit will be Polaris suing the pump manu. For all loses and legal fees relating to the pump assembly. One would now wonder how many other color sleds have thier pumps sourced from same manu. All ? None ?

·
Registered
789 Posts
Sounds to me like the next lawsuit will be Polaris suing the pump manu. For all loses and legal fees relating to the pump assembly. One would now wonder how many other color sleds have thier pumps sourced from same manu. All ? None ?
I don't think it works quite that way. Manufacturers tell the suppliers what they want and usually the low bidder gets the contract. They might share the cost of the recall some but that is about it.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
I’m not sure either. If Polaris sent them a total schematic and they built it right to what was contracted then probably not a problem for them. But if Polaris just bought submersed electric fuel pump assemblies for the application. One maybe able to make a case that the manu of such part would be liable for the glitch in it. But I’m not sure. I’m no ambulance chaser

·
Registered
789 Posts
I’m not sure either. If Polaris sent them a total schematic and they built it right to what was contracted then probably not a problem for them. But if Polaris just bought submersed electric fuel pump assemblies for the application. One maybe able to make a case that the manu of such part would be liable for the glitch in it. But I’m not sure. I’m no ambulance chaser
I am not even going to speculate on the ramifications of this. Just hope they have enough pumps or repair kits to go around so no one loses precious riding time.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
For sure. I’m even more concerned that this bleeds over in cat and doo. Be a big enough scramble for ooo to get the parts etc. imagine if it bleeds out across other manus. Either way I guess I give 0 shits as I’m riding no matter what.

·
Registered
2022 Polaris Indy XC 650 137...2017 Ski-Doo renegade 900...
266 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Snowgoer was not the first one to put out the recall so why would I believe that they'd be the first ones to put out the solution for the recall... They may be right but I'll wait for Polaris instead of listening to some rag...
They got the information from Polaris if you read the article. Supertrax mentioned the fuel pump (pumps) as well. They did not say what the actual fix was as Polaris stated pump replacement to modifications to said pumps.

·
Registered
266 Posts
They got the information from Polaris if you read the article. Supertrax mentioned the fuel pump (pumps) as well.
I read the article but I've heard nothing from Polaris since the stop sale stop ride...why would some rag have information before Polaris gives out information to dealers or owners... Like I said they may be right but I'll wait for the announcement...

·
Premium Member
23 650 Adventure, 22 850 Assault
4,497 Posts
Dealers got a video update from VP os Snow last week. If a dealer says there is no new information at this time it's because they haven't looked at there dealer portal website.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Dealers got a video update from VP os Snow last week. If a dealer says there is no new information at this time it's because they haven't looked at there dealer portal website.
Yes I think everybody seen that video of the chubby short hair guy talking about the recall... But there has been no video of what the new parts are or any of the procedures to fix... If there is I would like to see it so I can show it to my dealer...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Assuming that the article is correct that it will involve fuel pump removal or modification, there is NO WAY that the dealers will be able to handle the influx of service requests, in addition to their normal load. Polaris isn't going to provide an extra service tech to each dealer.

It's also possible that if this fuel pump issue affects Skidoo and Cats, that Polaris recognized the strain this would put on the supply chain and decided to be the first one out of the gate to be first in line to get the replacement parts. That's optimistic thinking for sure, but could be the case.

·
Premium Member
4,497 Posts
Yes I think everybody seen that video of the chubby short hair guy talking about the recall... But there has been no video of what the new parts are or any of the procedures to fix... If there is I would like to see it so I can show it to my dealer...
No not that video. The dealers got a video update on their intranet. Dealer only video from VP of Snow. Tell your dealer to go on their Polaris portal dealer website to view it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
No not that video. The dealers got a video update on their intranet. Dealer only video from VP of Snow. Tell your dealer to go on their Polaris portal dealer website to view it.
Okay dealer only that makes sense... That's probably why I haven't seen it but it doesn't mean that my dealer hasn't they're just not going to show it to me on an email...

·
Premium Member
4,497 Posts
It was mentioned in the Matryx forum by another member that watched it. From what my dealer told me sounds like the other post was pretty accurate. Removal of pump, replace a component and reinstall. I'm just summarizing what the other post said.

101 - 120 of 123 Posts