Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
I thought the same thing. The guys that won't/don't own CAT do a lot of the posting in the CAT forums and criticize everything and anything. If "they" don't care, why do they creep around the CAT forums throwing barbs ???
I rarely go into the Polaris forum and never post there. Only time I go in is when a friend asks questions on his or her sled.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I want to know why there's static electricity under certain conditions in a low fuel tank with degraded fuel in it that causes an explosion. How many are actually going to cease and desist riding. Just because Polaris publishes it does that mean that they're still not liable? Do they really think people are going to stop riding?
There have been 30 incidents today so far out of a potential 230, 000.
How can they be liable for people not following the do not ride statement? If they can prove you have been notified, I would say that would put the liability on the sled owner. Not a lawyer so I am just spit balling here. Hopefully it gets resolved before the snow flies and it is a quick, simple fix.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Strange you'd think there be an issue with older tanks like the one on my edge for instance. We have nothing but e10 fuels here, plus it sits in my sleds tank year round.
When they are putting a stop sale on 2023 sleds that have not had fuel in them, or yet to build, there is more to this than ethanol gas.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Just because this turning into a bit of a discussion about ethanol vs non ethanol I’ll just share ... I don’t think , if a fact know I’ve never put anything in my sleds other than 87 ethanol during the riding season as long as it’s been around. No melt downs , no ethanol issues with anything. Last ride of the season I will top off ( basically a full tank) of 91 non ethanol , ad sta-bil and run it though and it gets turned off until next season... never had a issue. ( it also is stored indoors ) There has even been a season or two I was not able to put non ethanol in at end of season, just topped off with 87 ethanol put in stabil and parked until next season... no problems. My point is with filling the sled completely it protects against all the things during the course of storage season that cause issues. Temp change, humidity etc. half full or less is bad on things in the tank. Only other way imo is to store completely dry.. empty. Finally the stop ride issue I hope is a simple fix for all of us. Would not be surprised if it’s more of a venting issue but obviously it takes something to trigger these episodes reported. Or a combo of both. I’m sure the lights are on all night at Polaris trying to deal with this. Regardless of the extremely small percentage it’s being taken seriously. Look at what they went through with the SBSs that had issue! They have to cover themselves here. Hopefully it’s not a major component replacement.
Issue is the 23 sleds. Zero fuel! Obviously they seen something the previous year. Let's all take a deep breath and hope it is so minor, no ones winter gets wrecked like last year.

·
Registered
789 Posts
West, Mid-West I couldn't tell you but Ethanol gas here in Maine "SUCKS" If you burn it up right away it's good junk. Let it sit more than 3 months and it's losing ground fast. Take 2 seasons with it left in a tank and you're asking for trouble. Maybe some people have seen other results but I've learned what I've seen the hard way. The extra I pay for it is well worth it. One of the worst lessons with E-Gas here is learned with your generator when you lose power and think you're going to go fire it up to make the family happy putting the lights back on. Pull the cord again and again, pull, pull, pull, pull....... Swear, Swear, swear, swear...... Call the mechanic for him to look at generator and he's backed up cleaning generator carburators with all the people bringing them in with the same problem. Since filling up with Non-Eth and stopping using that E shit she fires right up every time. Happy wife, happy kids, Happy me!!

Same story with chain saws, weed whackers, mowers and blowers but that only pisses me off. Not so much the family. ;)
So glad here in Minnesota we can get non eth premium almost everywhere.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Sounds to me like the next lawsuit will be Polaris suing the pump manu. For all loses and legal fees relating to the pump assembly. One would now wonder how many other color sleds have thier pumps sourced from same manu. All ? None ?
I don't think it works quite that way. Manufacturers tell the suppliers what they want and usually the low bidder gets the contract. They might share the cost of the recall some but that is about it.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I’m not sure either. If Polaris sent them a total schematic and they built it right to what was contracted then probably not a problem for them. But if Polaris just bought submersed electric fuel pump assemblies for the application. One maybe able to make a case that the manu of such part would be liable for the glitch in it. But I’m not sure. I’m no ambulance chaser
I am not even going to speculate on the ramifications of this. Just hope they have enough pumps or repair kits to go around so no one loses precious riding time.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Snowgoer was not the first one to put out the recall so why would I believe that they'd be the first ones to put out the solution for the recall... They may be right but I'll wait for Polaris instead of listening to some rag...
They got the information from Polaris if you read the article. Supertrax mentioned the fuel pump (pumps) as well. They did not say what the actual fix was as Polaris stated pump replacement to modifications to said pumps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts