Hardcore Sledder banner

Another huge recall guess who?

9526 122
Polaris has had to recall sleds from way back in 15 to present. I don’t understand how something 7 years old can have not had the issues corrected by now? This is crap for everyone , god knows the sled industry is already tough but nobody’s needing this.
Plant Sky Land lot Urban design Building
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Have not used eth forever. If it was fuel related, why only Polaris? Something bigger than just old fuel.
Yup. We can type posts all day about fuel, but this is more than a fuel issue. I suspect that it's a combination of factors. I can't remember if anyone posted the notice yet, so I pasted it below. They clearly mentioned "degraded fuel" and extended storage so that is a part of the mystery, but something about specific Polaris snowmobiles compounds the problem and makes it potentially explosive. Time will tell.

Font Screenshot Document Number Parallel

·
Registered
228 Posts
Assuming that the article is correct that it will involve fuel pump removal or modification, there is NO WAY that the dealers will be able to handle the influx of service requests, in addition to their normal load. Polaris isn't going to provide an extra service tech to each dealer.

It's also possible that if this fuel pump issue affects Skidoo and Cats, that Polaris recognized the strain this would put on the supply chain and decided to be the first one out of the gate to be first in line to get the replacement parts. That's optimistic thinking for sure, but could be the case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts