Hardcore Sledder banner

Another huge recall guess who?

9500 122
Polaris has had to recall sleds from way back in 15 to present. I don’t understand how something 7 years old can have not had the issues corrected by now? This is crap for everyone , god knows the sled industry is already tough but nobody’s needing this.
Plant Sky Land lot Urban design Building
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 650 Adventure, 22 850 Assault
4,497 Posts
How old were the cats that had gas tanks recalled?That was also spread over 10 model years.
Anyways,I wouldnt be surprised if this spread to other manufacturers as its a strange one for sure if you read it.
It could literally be anything with a plastic gas tank. Patiently waiting for the fix. Maybe new fuel pumps for everyone.

·
Premium Member
4,497 Posts
I don't see any issues Midwest with E10 fuel. I do run only premium fuel in my toys and other small engine stuff though. The gubment regulates how much ethanol a region must blend. And they blend it in the most used grade which is 87. Pumps everywhere must say "may contain up to 10% ethanol" . That doesn't mean it will be that much though.

·
Premium Member
4,497 Posts
Some 2012 and earlier models had a DC CFI system. That could be one reason. Recalls may only be required to go back 10 years for something like this also. Who knows 🤷🏻

·
Premium Member
4,497 Posts
Serious question for anyone that knows. Does the ECU provide the ground path for the fuel pump on affected models? If so, this may be part of the issue if static isn't able to discharge to the chassis. I don't know, just guessing.

·
Premium Member
4,497 Posts
No I mean does the ECU switch the ground on and off for the fuel pump to operate? Ecus often provide the ground path for various electrical components. If the fuel pump had a dedicated chassis ground and the power was supplied via relay there would be a path to dissipate static buildup.

·
Premium Member
4,497 Posts
I would think the ecu circuit, and the fuel pump are all tied in to the same chassis ground. Except for being grounded, the fuel pump is independent from the ecu. The ecu has many functions other than just triggering the fuel pump on.
You aren't getting what I'm saying.

·
Premium Member
4,497 Posts
1Fast,, you have a point. If the ECU completes the ground circuit, since its down stream of the Pump (load), and its the only ground for the pump AND if the degraded fuel becomes more conductive to current flow so the pump uses the old fuel as the ground path.
Yeah that's kinda what I'm thinking. I know the fuel pump doesn't come on until the engine is cranking. If the ECU is controlling the ground side there would be no ground path for static buildup inside the tank until the machine is tried to start.

A guy could also run a ground wire from the metal elbow where the fuel lines exit the tank to the chassis ground. This would at least bond the metal internals of the tank to the chassis.

·
Premium Member
4,497 Posts
Dealers got a video update from VP os Snow last week. If a dealer says there is no new information at this time it's because they haven't looked at there dealer portal website.

·
Premium Member
4,497 Posts
Yes I think everybody seen that video of the chubby short hair guy talking about the recall... But there has been no video of what the new parts are or any of the procedures to fix... If there is I would like to see it so I can show it to my dealer...
No not that video. The dealers got a video update on their intranet. Dealer only video from VP of Snow. Tell your dealer to go on their Polaris portal dealer website to view it.

·
Premium Member
4,497 Posts
It was mentioned in the Matryx forum by another member that watched it. From what my dealer told me sounds like the other post was pretty accurate. Removal of pump, replace a component and reinstall. I'm just summarizing what the other post said.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts