Hardcore Sledder banner

Another huge recall guess who?

9525 122
Polaris has had to recall sleds from way back in 15 to present. I don’t understand how something 7 years old can have not had the issues corrected by now? This is crap for everyone , god knows the sled industry is already tough but nobody’s needing this.
Plant Sky Land lot Urban design Building
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,102 Posts
How old were the cats that had gas tanks recalled?That was also spread over 10 model years.
Anyways,I wouldnt be surprised if this spread to other manufacturers as its a strange one for sure if you read it.

·
Registered
8,102 Posts
I want to know why there's static electricity under certain conditions in a low fuel tank with degraded fuel in it that causes an explosion. How many are actually going to cease and desist riding. Just because Polaris publishes it does that mean that they're still not liable? Do they really think people are going to stop riding?
There have been 30 incidents today so far out of a potential 230, 000.
Im pretty sure it has to do with phase separated ethanol gas.
I pump a lot of that crap out of peoples machines.It causes a lot of trouble.

·
Registered
8,102 Posts
All i know is there is a couple places up north in vermont to get it. Can't find non ethanol anywhere near me. Its all bs anyways, there is no need for non ethanol fuels where i'm at.
For whatever reason it seems like east coast ethanol gas doesnt seem to cause as many issues.
Ethanol gas issues are real in the midwest.I keep a clear container of phase separated gas to show people.

·
Registered
8,102 Posts
I've seen ethanol do some nasty nasty things to carbs. So I never use it in my sleds. But I was considering it this season when the rec fuel hit over $6 gallon. It's "probably not bad" if you burn it right away. I use Stabil as well.
Its the storage thats a real problem.
I know some boat guys that dont have issues but they add some type of stabil right when they fill up just in case it sits.

·
Registered
8,102 Posts
When they started blending ethanol in with gas, it ate the fuel sending unit in my 2005 Tahoe. Dealer’s parts manager said they were selling sending units like crazy. Did not seem to affect other brands like it did Chevy.
This may just be a Polaris thing, or it may not. It seems to be so rare that it may just be Polaris has a lower threshold than the others as to what they deem worthy of a stop ride/recall order.
I dont know where you live but they have been blending ethanol with gas since the 90s around here.

·
Registered
8,102 Posts
You aren't getting what I'm saying.
I dont know if it was this thread 60 posts back or another thread where I mentioned somthing about this.
If thats the case it could potentially be an easy fix to plug a pigtail in between the main harness and fuel pump harness with an additional wire running to ground.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts